Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help fast
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Need help fast Post 52321 by zx6ninja on Tuesday 15th of June 2004 09:32:35 PM
Old 06-15-2004
Need help fast

I am trying to reset the IP address on a Unix HP box here in my office and I am stuck in this EM100 mode and cant issue any commands. Any help would be great. By the way I no zero about unix. Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

what is that 1 in the instruction!~ (please help fast)

Hi all, make_lofs /.cdrom/<something>/<something> 1 what does this instruction mean? Note:both the "something" are obviously different . I would like to know what that 1 means, the rest of the instruction is clear!! Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fast way of find and replace, help

Hi All, I have nearly 200 files in a directory, each file is of nearly of 5000 lines. Each line of each file is having its 3rd field to be replaced by corresponding replace_string(2nd field of file1.out below). i.e. -Search the 3rd field of each line of each of 200 files in file1.out, get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jkl_jkl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fast export in unix

/opt/teradata/client/bin/fexp <<EOP .LOGTABLE load_work.datastore_log1 ; .LOGON BOX/userid,password; .BEGIN EXPORT SESSIONS 20; .EXPORT OUTFILE $path MODE RECORD FORMAT TEXT; select trim(cast(PROC_YYMM_DT as char(5))) (title ''), cast('~' as char(1)), trim(cast(ACCNO as char(21)))... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: depakjan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing words in a fast way

Hi, I have a file that looks like this: br0 br0 br1 br10 br11 br12 br13 br14 br15 br15 br2 br2 br3 br4 br5 br6 br7 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How do you ufsrestore the fast way?

hi, on my sol9 box i create my backup using the below command: /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u2 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u3 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 now on the new sol10 box, to restore i use this commands: cd /u1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small fast question

just to confirm du from sh show sizes as multiples of 512 byte right? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1097
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in this script fast

i have log files that represent names, times and countries, each name come once in country but may in diff times i need at end each name visited which country and its USA | Tony | 12:25:22:431 Italy | Tony | 09:33:11:212 **** Italy| John | 08:22:12:349 France | Adam | 14:22:42:981... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
2 Replies
CHFN(1) 						      Linux Reference Manual							   CHFN(1)

NAME
chfn - change your finger information SYNOPSIS
chfn [ -f full-name ] [ -o office ] [ -p office-phone ] [ -h home-phone ] [ -u ] [ -v ] [ username ] DESCRIPTION
chfn is used to change your finger information. This information is stored in the /etc/passwd file, and is displayed by the finger pro- gram. The Linux finger command will display four pieces of information that can be changed by chfn : your real name, your work room and phone, and your home phone. COMMAND LINE Any of the four pieces of information can be specified on the command line. If no information is given on the command line, chfn enters interactive mode. INTERACTIVE MODE In interactive mode, chfn will prompt for each field. At a prompt, you can enter the new information, or just press return to leave the field unchanged. Enter the keyword "none" to make the field blank. OPTIONS
-f, --full-name Specify your real name. -o, --office Specify your office room number. -p, --office-phone Specify your office phone number. -h, --home-phone Specify your home phone number. -u, --help Print a usage message and exit. -v, --version Print version information and exit. SEE ALSO
finger(1), passwd(5) AUTHOR
Salvatore Valente <svalente@mit.edu> chfn October 13 1994 CHFN(1)