Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compare data files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare data files Post 52290 by ithomp on Tuesday 15th of June 2004 09:56:01 AM
Old 06-15-2004
Question Compare data files

I would like to compare a data file (before and after a process has run) to identify if there are any differences. Can anyone help !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in 2 files and delete if file exist

Hi there, I have written a script called "compare" (see below) to make comparison between 2 files namely test_put.log and Output_A0.log #!/bin/ksh while read file do found="no" while read line do echo $line | grep $file > /dev/null if then echo $file found found="yes" break fi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lweegp
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare data in two flat files and update them?

Hi All, I am giving an example similar to the problem I have. I have two data files of 10 columns each in which fields are delimited by comma(,). I need to compare compare the two files using the uniq col(col3). If there are any records in file1 and are not in file2 then I have check the value... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare two flat files and get changed data

Hi, I need to compare two flat files (yesterday & today's data) and get only the changed data from flat files. In flat file i dont have data column or anything its just a string data in flat file.Can any one please let me know the script With Regds Shashi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtshashidhar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 3 files, delete data equals.

Hi, i have a problem, I have three files, file_1, File_2 file_3 and I need to compare the data with file_3 file_1, data that are equal to file_3 file_1 should be deleted, file_1 receive data and file_2 file_3. Ex: file_1 374905,2001, Selmar Santos, Técnico de Sistemas, U$3.000,00 789502,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selmar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and get matching data

Hi, Can anyone help me to compare two files and get the matching data... say i have file1 and file2 ... file1 has 300 unique data with that i need to match with file2 to see how may are matching.. file2 have 1000 records. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare date and time inside data of two files

i have two files with identical no of columns. 6th columns is date (MM/DD/YY format) and 7th columns is time (HH:MM:SS) format. I need to compare these two vaules and if the date & time is higher than fileA, save it on fileC; if the value is lower, then save it on fileD CONDITIONS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and match column data and align data from 3 column

Hello experts, Please help me in achieving this in an easier way possible. I have 2 csv files with following data: File1 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:35:47,JOB_5330 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare columns of two files and retrieve data

Hi guys, I need your help. I have two files: file1 1 3 5 file2 1,XX 2,AA 3,BB 4,CC 5,DD I would like to compare the first column and where they are equal to write that output in a new file: 1,XX 3,BB (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and write data to second file using awk

Hi Guys, I wanted to compare a delimited file and positional file, for a particular key files and if it matches then append the positional file with some data. Example: Delimited File -------------- Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218257;E5218257 Byer;Amy;NONE1;A5218260;E5218260 Positional File... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ajay Venkatesan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare data in two files

Gents, Can you help please I have a data base with lot information (file2) and I have some data in (file1) to compare. Then the comparison should be done using the following keys: Example ( values from file1 ) key1 = columns from 20-34 substr($0,20,15) 66705.00 19793 key2 = columns... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
5 Replies
MINCDIFF(1)							 MINC User's Guide						       MINCDIFF(1)

NAME
mincdiff - report differences between minc files SYNOPSIS
mincdiff [-header|-body] [-l] [diff options] file1 file2 DESCRIPTION
The mincdiff shell script compares two minc files by running diff(1) on the headers of the two minc files, and cmp(1) on the image vari- able. You can view only the header differences using -header or only the body (image variable) differences using -body. The option -l is passed on to cmp of the image variable. Any unrecognized options (e.g. -u) are passed verbatim to the diff of the headers. OPTIONS
-header Compare only the headers of the two files. -body Compare only the image data of the two files. -l Print the byte offset in decimal and the byte value in octal for each difference encountered in the image variable. AUTHOR
Peter Neelin COPYRIGHTS
Copyright (C) 1993 by Peter Neelin SEE ALSO
diff(1), cmp(1). $Date: 2004-05-20 21:52:08 $ MINCDIFF(1)