Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2 in 1 Linux system
Operating Systems Linux 2 in 1 Linux system Post 52264 by dkaplowitz on Monday 14th of June 2004 10:27:35 PM
Old 06-14-2004
It's called "clustering" and it's pretty easy to do. you need 2 or more networked computers on the same subnet with the same broadcast address (from what I recall). Do a google on "Linux Cluster Howto" and "Open Mosix". That should get you started. I've only been acquainted with Redhat clusters, but I'm sure you can do it with Mandy or any other distro.

Good luck with your cluster,

Dave

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operating system LINUX

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Write a C program that accepts 3 parameters. Each parameter indicates the quantity of product to be produced.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paradise
0 Replies

2. Linux

Linux system

Is it true that a well setup Linux system is very hard to break into, not impossible, just hard to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
4 Replies

3. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX file system to Linux file system migration

We would be migrating UNIX file system to Linux file system. We do have many directory and sub directories with files. after migrating unix to linux file system , i want to make sure all the files has been copied ? What would be the best approach to validate directory ,sub-directory and file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajikalai
1 Replies

5. Programming

Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer?

Hi all What is the qualification required by Linux/Solaris System Administrator to become a Linux/Solaris System Programmer as to gain complete knowledge on computers. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

6. Linux

Best Linux monitoring system

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
0 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Best system monitoring for Linux

Hi all, I'm looking for the best tool to monitor the Linux system. I've found a lot of interesting tools searching the web but I didn't find one which can do all the requirments (like a one in all tool). I would prefer it to include a command line interface also. Thank you, Andreea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andreea9322
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please help Linux system is down...

System is down, I can't seem to get in. It's VM so I took screen shot and upload the file here. Its a RTF file format. when system comes up, I did press e then in the middle as you can see, I typed init=/bin/bash, I pressed CTRL -X. Then I should get prompt but not getting that. I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
4 Replies
clusvcmgrd(8)						       Red Hat Cluster Suite						     clusvcmgrd(8)

NAME
rgmanager - Resource Group (Cluster Service) Manager Daemon DESCRIPTION
rgmanager handles management of user-defined cluster services (also known as resource groups). This includes handling of user requests including service start, service disable, service relocate, and service restart. The service manager daemon also handles restarting and relocating services in the event of failures. HOW IT WORKS
The service manager is spawned by an init script after the cluster infrastructure has been started and only functions when the cluster is quorate and locks are working. During initialization, the service manager runs scripts which ensure that all services are clear to be started. After that, it determines which services need to be started and starts them. When an event is received, members which are no longer online have their services taken away from them. The event should only occur in the case that the member has been fenced whenever fencing is available. When a cluster member determines that it is no longer in the cluster quorum, the service manager stops all services and waits for a new quorum to form. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-f Run in the foreground (do not fork). -d Enable debug-level logging. -w Disable internal process monitoring (for debugging). -N Do not perform stop-before-start. Combined with the -Z flag to clusvcadm, this can be used to allow rgmanager to be upgraded with- out stopping a given user service or set of services. SEE ALSO
clusvcadm(8) Jan 2005 clusvcmgrd(8)