Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Introducing Delay less then a second. Post 52207 by S.Vishwanath on Monday 14th of June 2004 05:10:45 AM
Old 06-14-2004
Hi

Thanks for both Rusell & Drivers.
This was just great for me.

Well then how different are the alarm() & ualarm().
Can we use them also. I'm bit puzzled with them.

Again Thanks for all your quick responses.

Regards

Vishwa.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Introducing myself... :D

Hey guys, I am Shelby! :-) I am 13 years old and i love Unix. When i was about 6 i was introduced to computers, because almost all of my family is comprised of artists, i used macs at a very early age. I generally sat on the computer until the time i was about 10 when i walked into a laptop store... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mesaynaysayer
2 Replies

2. Programming

Introducing a new project for AI lovers

Hi guys, I'm the maintainer of Imperfect world of Robots, and I'm here to introduce this project to any AI lover. This is a free (as in freedom) software and release under the terms of GNU General Public License. Although it belongs to the programming game category, it's not only about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aidin_36
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Introducing Myself.

Hello! I didn't see an Introduce Yourself/Meet and Greet board, so I think this might be the right place. I'm a student and a new coder. I run Ubuntu 11.10 currently, and I program in Python, and I'm learning a few languages alongside. Random pages: Twitter - @NihilusV, other links can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NihilusV
1 Replies
UALARM(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						 UALARM(3)

NAME
ualarm -- schedule signal after specified time LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> useconds_t ualarm(useconds_t useconds, useconds_t interval); DESCRIPTION
This is a simplified interface to setitimer(2). The ualarm() function waits a count of useconds before asserting the terminating signal SIGALRM. System activity or time used in processing the call may cause a slight delay. If the interval argument is non-zero, the SIGALRM signal will be sent to the process every interval microseconds after the timer expires (e.g., after useconds number of microseconds have passed). Due to a setitimer(2) restriction, the maximum number of useconds and interval is limited to 100,000,000,000,000 (in case this value fits in the unsigned integer). RETURN VALUES
When the signal has successfully been caught, ualarm() returns the amount of time left on the clock. NOTES
A microsecond is 0.000001 seconds. SEE ALSO
getitimer(2), setitimer(2), sigpause(2), sigvec(2), alarm(3), signal(3), sleep(3), usleep(3) HISTORY
The ualarm() function appeared in 4.3BSD. BSD
April 19, 1994 BSD