Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Snort on openbsd
Operating Systems BSD Snort on openbsd Post 52189 by dkaplowitz on Saturday 12th of June 2004 11:20:58 PM
Old 06-13-2004
Re: Snort on openbsd

Quote:
Originally posted by malcontent
has anyone out there managed to get it up and running ? My initial attempts seem to be quite below par
Can you describe the issues you're having getting it installed? Snort is in ports and many people use it on OpenBSD, so if you could tell us where your installation is failing, we can help you better.

Thanks,

Dave

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

snort port no

Hi, can anybody know snort port no in linux, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Snort/NTOP Placement

I have been asked to place 2 (1 NTOP & 1 SNORT) boxes within our network as part of our tool kit for network monitoring and Intrusion detection. Out network is very simplistic and it layed out like this: internet | | Cisco 1811 Router (8x Layer 2 switch ports) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Snort HTTPS

Is it possible to rule out in alert all HTTPS traffic or rule out all the HTTPS trafic from the alerts on snort ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Error in installation of Snort 2.97.0

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: My system is Redhat 5.6. I want to install snort in my system which requires following dependencies. 1. Libpcap... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ankur Goyal
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Snort 2.9.14 hangs once started

I've been trying to get Snort running on my lab network, but haven't been having much luck. I installed Snort 2.9.14 on both Windows 10 & Ubuntu 18.04 (Running in VirtualBox 5.2.22). I seems to have the snort.conf file set up correctly in both environments, because when I test snort in either... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bodisha
1 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.18.2 2018-08-17 PERLIVP(1)