Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD How is Darwin as a base For a Server Post 52186 by dkaplowitz on Saturday 12th of June 2004 10:56:07 PM
Old 06-12-2004
Could you post some more details about your requirements? Also, for the DB, what kind of load are you expecting? That would help us answer your question a little more intelligently.

Thanks,

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ncurses/Darwin

I am using Darwin on Mac OS X.I.I (new to both Unix and C++). I downloaded the ncurses library from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/gnu-darwin/ncurses-5.2.tgz, but I don't know what to do with it now. Stuffit has expanded the archive, but I still have the original .tgz as well (if that's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parmenides
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin x86

so, what's everyone's opinion on Darwin (x86 rendition)? is it worth installing at the moment? pros? cons? comments? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karma
5 Replies

3. BSD

Darwin via PearPC

How can I send Ctrl+Alt+Del for Darwin running in PearPC for Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eugrus
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How to build as web base File Server

Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64 apache2-2.2.3 postfix-2.3.8 mysql Ver 14.12 SquirrelMail version 1.4.11 I have a running Mail Server. I need to make it as a file server, in addition, allowing users who have accounts (Linux/shell) on the Mail Server to upload/download their files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satimis
1 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Darwin 10.4 - Gnome

Hello, I was curious about how one would go about installing gnome on darwin. As far as I know it must be harder than FreeBSD because there doesn't seem to be any ports for it. Would you have to first set up a build environment (GCC etc...) and then compile it from scratch? or is there an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpedersen
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solstice 6.0.3 - Server is disabled Install base enabler

hi people, I receive this message in the nwadmin: Registration info event: Server is disabled Install base enabler License enabler: #none (Networker/10 Eval) has expired. What happened? Please help me... Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: denisgomes
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Darwin ports

Hi there. I have an MacBookPro and I want to install Darwin ports. I downloaded & installed MacPorts-1.7.0.pkg and now I don't know what to do. I tried: # port -d selfupdate .... error 1 Command output: checking build system type... i686-apple-darwin9.7.0 checking host system type...... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirohitosan
7 Replies

8. Red Hat

CentOS 6.1 base install (like FreeBSD base install)?

Hello, What is the simplest way to install CentOS 6.1 with console base-system only using official LiveDVD image on VirtualBox machine? I'd like to get simplest console with network support like FreeBSD base installation. Then, install services which I need. The installer jest extracts the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_develope
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create file base on server time

Hi Guys, Server time:- >date >Wed Nov 14 11:56:23 EST 2012 I want to convert in to Below Formet :- 20121114.1100 And cretae file base on above data : last 48 Hour 20121114.1000 20121114.1100 20121114.0900 20121114.1000 20121114.0800 20121114.0900 20121114.0700 20121114.0800... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
2 Replies
FAXANSWER(8C)															     FAXANSWER(8C)

NAME
faxanswer - tell a HylaFAX server to answer the telephone SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxanswer [ -q queue-dir ] [ -h how ] modem DESCRIPTION
faxanswer sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8C) process servicing modem telling it to answer the telephone. This is useful, for example, when a modem is used on a shared phone line and the server is configured to not normally answer the phone. The specified modem can either be the name (typically the last component of the terminal port the modem is attached to), or the full name of the associated FIFO named pipe file, e.g. ``FIFO.ttym2''. OPTIONS
-q dir Use a spooling area other than /var/spool/fax. -h Specify exactly how the phone should be answered. By default, the server process is instructed to answer the phone and accept any kind of call (voice, data, fax). Discrimination of the type of call is dependent on a modem's adaptive-answer support. The -h option can be used to force the server to answer the phone for particular type of call: one of fax, data, voice, any, extern (to force faxgetty to invoke an external application to to handle the call), or dialX (where X is a dialstring to dial before initiating a fax reception). If using dialX, the specified dialstring will likely need to end with a semicolon (``;''). FILES
/var/spool/fax default spooling area /var/spool/fax/FIFO fifo for contacting faxq Consult hylafax-server(5F) for a complete discussion of the structure and content of the spooling area. SEE ALSO
hylafax-server(5F), faxgetty(8C) May 23, 1996 FAXANSWER(8C)