Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Free BSD X window
Operating Systems BSD Free BSD X window Post 52184 by dkaplowitz on Saturday 12th of June 2004 10:45:56 PM
Old 06-12-2004
Also note, the command is 'startx', with no spaces.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red hat or free BSD?

This is my first post here, so I thought Id make it good. I am building a webserver that will be up in a month or so, so I am starting now. I was wondering, since I am on the fence here, should I go with Red hat or BSD? I am comfortable with both, I can run apache on either one, but I am wondering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: advok8
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free Bsd

i am installing FREEBSD and I would like to know which hardware specific network card that works and help with this would be great I am very new to this (UNIX) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BSD_NEWUSER
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

System free bsd install wrong....

My freeBsd were setup security wrong how do I reinstall it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dansu92833
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free BSD Display Properties?

I'm very new to UNIX and just istalled FreeBSD on my computer. I using the KDE desktop and the resolution is horrible. How do I adjust this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbrouder
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free BSD 5.1 & default gateway

Hello folks, I'm very new to Unix so please bear with me. I have a FreeBSD 5.1 box on IP address 192.168.1.4 and I want to tell it to use my broadband router (192.168.1.1) as it's default gateway. Could someone tell me how to do this? I did search these forums first but could not find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SRP
1 Replies

6. BSD

X-Windows Free BSD

so, i have a video card SIS s315 AGP and i can't cofigure X Free on free BSD to run X window. Anybody can help me solve this problem?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware for UNIX/Free BSD

Hi! I'm planning to start to set up a Webserver. All software has to be freeware. I'm also planning to use Free BSD/UNIX for this project. Apache as Webserversystem and so on... Therefor I would like to have some info about what kind of hardware I need. I'm planning to buy a computer... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kargooliw
9 Replies

8. BSD

How to create IP table at Free BSD

Now, I had installed free bsd at my office. Unfortunitely, Email server have been using Local PoP3 and SMTP to our ISP with outlook. but my unix firewall sever ( free bsd ) didn't allow these port ( 110 & 25 ). How can i create the IP table to pass at server. If u have any experience about obvious... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashraff Ali
4 Replies

9. BSD

installing free BSD

Hello friends. I am new to Unix although i am very flexible to any programming language. i was a window user. Now, no more. I have decided myself to switch to unix. Here is my problem: I burned the free BSD into my new RW CD's. I inserted the bootable manager first then, it was scanning and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonjour2006
5 Replies

10. BSD

USB mount of Free BSD

Hello all When I insert my USB , its says : umass0 detected . I want to ls files present in the USB. I tried mount -t msdosfs /dev/da0s1 /mnt Whats is dev/da0s1 ????? How can I mount it to use it ? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
XInstallColormap(3X11)						     MIT X11R4						    XInstallColormap(3X11)

Name
       XInstallColormap, XUninstallColormap, XListInstalledColormaps - control colormaps

Syntax
       XInstallColormap(display, colormap)
	  Display *display;
	  Colormap colormap;

XUninstallColormap(display, colormap)
	  Display *display;
	  Colormap colormap;

Colormap *XListInstalledColormaps(display, w, num_return)
	  Display *display;
	  Window w;
	  int *num_return;

Arguments
       colormap  Specifies the colormap.

display	 Specifies the connection to the X server.

num_return
		 Returns the number of currently installed colormaps.

w	 Specifies the window that determines the screen.

Description
       The function installs the specified colormap for its associated screen.	All windows associated with this colormap immediately display with
       true colors.  You associated the windows with this colormap when you created them by calling or

If the specified colormap is not already an installed colormap, the X server generates a event on each window that has that colormap.  In
       addition, for every other colormap that is installed as a result of a call to the X server generates a event on each window that has that
       colormap.

can generate a error.

The function removes the specified colormap from the required list for its screen.  As a result, the specified colormap might be unin-
       stalled, and the X server might implicitly install or uninstall additional colormaps.  Which colormaps get installed or uninstalled is
       server-dependent except that the required list must remain installed.

If the specified colormap becomes uninstalled, the X server generates a event on each window that has that colormap.  In addition, for
       every other colormap that is installed or uninstalled as a result of a call to the X server generates a event on each window that has that
       colormap.

can generate a error.

The function returns a list of the currently installed colormaps for the screen of the specified window.  The order of the colormaps in the
       list is not significant and is no explicit indication of the required list.  When the allocated list is no longer needed, free it by using

can generate a error.

Diagnostics
       A value for a Colormap argument does not name a defined Colormap.

A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window.

See Also
       XChangeWindowAtrributes(3X11), XCreateColormap(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XFree(3X11)
       X Window System: The Complete Reference, Second Edition, Robert W. Scheifler and James Gettys

XInstallColormap(3X11)