Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dang VCR
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Dang VCR Post 52182 by Perderabo on Saturday 12th of June 2004 07:08:56 PM
Old 06-12-2004
Dang VCR

Saleslady: Sir, that VCR is really aimed towards the professional videographer....

Me: Don't worry about it. I learn fast and I enjoy learning. That is the model I want.

Saleslady: OK. You're the customer.

Excerpt from VCR Manual:
Quote:
Control 43: AUTO/WIDE/NOR Switch
AUTO: In recording mode, the unit searches for the DC component on the chroma signal of the S-VIDEO signal, and when the DC is detected, the ID is recorded onto the CTL signal as the WIDE signal. In playback mode, the ID recorded on the CTL signal is detected and superimposed onto the chroma signal output of the S-VIDEO signal.

WIDE: In recording mode, the ID is recorded forcibly onto the CTL signal, and in the playback mode, DC is superimposed onto the chroma signal output of the S-VIDEO signal.

NOR: Fixed to normal recording and playback mode.

pause(2)							   System Calls 							  pause(2)

NAME
pause - suspend process until signal SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int pause(void); DESCRIPTION
The pause() function suspends the calling process until it receives a signal. The signal must be one that is not currently set to be ignored by the calling process. If the signal causes termination of the calling process, pause() does not return. If the signal is caught by the calling process and control is returned from the signal-catching function (see signal(3C)), the calling process resumes execution from the point of suspension. RETURN VALUES
Since pause() suspends thread execution indefinitely unless interrupted by a signal, there is no successful completion return value. If interrupted, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The pause() function will fail if: EINTR A signal is caught by the calling process and control is returned from the signal-catching function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
alarm(2), kill(2), signal(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Dec 1996 pause(2)