Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users User Problem Post 5218 by Anthony on Thursday 9th of August 2001 01:05:03 AM
Old 08-09-2001
Question User Problem

On my small network some of my users are having trouble logging in. What's something that I can do to find out what's wrong? Are there any commands that I can run or files I can check?

,AP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

create user problem

hello: before I am add user in Linux with " adduser" command . for example system(adduser zzf -p hello); and this command "-p" option is used to create "login password". now i do not find the "-p" option in " adduser " in hp unix os. and i should how to do ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_fei
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add User Problem

Hi all, I got a preconfigured Debian 4 (etch) box. When I add a user, it tells me it added and I can "su" as a new user but I can't login with it through SSH, SFTP, etc. Why? Thanks for your help. (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
30 Replies

4. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

5. Linux

Problem changing user password

Hi all, I'm having an issue resetting an Linux user password. As root, I type 'passwd <username>, enter the new password, but the user is still Access Denied. Can someone assist me in figuring this one out? The box is running "Linux trm62 2.4.21-15.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Apr 22 00:18:24 EDT 2004... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
6 Replies

6. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login problem

Dear All, Plz help in unixware 7x only root user login & other user not login . message giving permission denied (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
3 Replies

8. AIX

User creation problem

Hi, I am getting tired in creating several users in a day. Can anyone have a script to create several users in the same server, as well as, to create one user in several servers. where i have to put script and how to run the script. Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding new user problem?

I wan to add a new user. I have executed the following command. The user home directory is created. but password creation shows error. Note: I'm using LDAP Server for user authentication. adduser xxx Adding user `xxx' ... Adding new group `xxx' (1003) ... Adding new user `xxx' (1003) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

User add problem

I could not create the user name with the number infront of... useradd 8siva useradd: Invalid account name `8siva' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
3 Replies
IP-NETNS(8)							       Linux							       IP-NETNS(8)

NAME
ip-netns - process network namespace management SYNOPSIS
ip [ OPTIONS ] netns { COMMAND | help } ip netns { list } ip netns { add | delete } NETNSNAME ip netns identify PID ip netns pids NETNSNAME ip netns exec NETNSNAME command ... ip netns monitor DESCRIPTION
A network namespace is logically another copy of the network stack, with its own routes, firewall rules, and network devices. By convention a named network namespace is an object at /var/run/netns/NAME that can be opened. The file descriptor resulting from opening /var/run/netns/NAME refers to the specified network namespace. Holding that file descriptor open keeps the network namespace alive. The file descriptor can be used with the setns(2) system call to change the network namespace associated with a task. For applications that are aware of network namespaces, the convention is to look for global network configuration files first in /etc/netns/NAME/ then in /etc/. For example, if you want a different version of /etc/resolv.conf for a network namespace used to isolate your vpn you would name it /etc/netns/myvpn/resolv.conf. ip netns exec automates handling of this configuration, file convention for network namespace unaware applications, by creating a mount namespace and bind mounting all of the per network namespace configure files into their traditional location in /etc. ip netns list - show all of the named network namespaces This command displays all of the network namespaces in /var/run/netns ip netns add NAME - create a new named network namespace If NAME is available in /var/run/netns/ this command creates a new network namespace and assigns NAME. ip netns delete NAME - delete the name of a network namespace If NAME is present in /var/run/netns it is umounted and the mount point is removed. If this is the last user of the network names- pace the network namespace will be freed, otherwise the network namespace persists until it has no more users. ip netns delete may fail if the mount point is in use in another mount namespace. ip netns identify PID - Report network namespaces names for process This command walks through /var/run/netns and finds all the network namespace names for network namespace of the specified process. ip netns pids NAME - Report processes in the named network namespace This command walks through proc and finds all of the process who have the named network namespace as their primary network names- pace. ip netns exec NAME cmd ... - Run cmd in the named network namespace This command allows applications that are network namespace unaware to be run in something other than the default network namespace with all of the configuration for the specified network namespace appearing in the customary global locations. A network namespace and bind mounts are used to move files from their network namespace specific location to their default locations without affecting other processes. ip netns monitor - Report as network namespace names are added and deleted This command watches network namespace name addition and deletion events and prints a line for each event it sees. EXAMPLES
ip netns list Shows the list of current named network namespaces ip netns add vpn Creates a network namespace and names it vpn ip netns exec vpn ip link set lo up Bring up the loopback interface in the vpn network namespace. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Original Manpage by Eric W. Biederman iproute2 16 Jan 2013 IP-NETNS(8)