Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help
Special Forums Cybersecurity Need Help Post 52172 by obitus on Friday 11th of June 2004 08:10:24 PM
Old 06-11-2004
I don't think you really understand what a honey pot is. A honey pot is a machine with fake services on it that tries to attract crackers and (most of the time) logs them so they can be dealt with.

However, I do commend you on wanting to learn how things work. If you want a good understanding of how unix works, I strongly suggest avoiding alot of main stream Linux distributions and opt for something a little more BSDish (OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Slackware Linux, etc). Another good option for learning about how the operating systems work is Gentoo Linux.

If your focus is security, I'd suggest reading some of the stuff on Packet Storm. However, don't use that information on machine you are not an admin for.

If you focus is how GNU/Linux works, Linux From Scratch will show you how things are glued together from a million parts.

If you focus is operating system design and you know how to code, I'd suggest one of the BSD's (OpenBSD for security).

gss_process_context_token(3)				     Library Functions Manual				      gss_process_context_token(3)

NAME
gss_process_context_token() - process a context to the security service SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The routine passes tokens generated by the routine to the security service. Usually, tokens are associated with either the context establishment or with per-message security services. If the tokens are associated with the context establishment, they are passed to the or routine. If the tokens are associated with the per-message security service, they are passed to the or routine. Tokens generated by the routine are passed by the routine to the security service for processing. Input Parameters context_handle Specifies the context handle on which the security service processes the token. input_token_buffer Specifies an opaque pointer to the first byte of the token to be processed. Output Parameters minor_status Returns a status code from the security mechanism. STATUS CODES
The following status codes can be returned: The routine was completed successfully. Consistency checks performed on the input_token parameter failed. The routine failed. See the minor_status parameter return value for more information. The supplied context handle did not refer to a valid context. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
gss_accept_sec_context(3), gss_delete_sec_context(3), gss_init_sec_context(3), gss_verify_mic(3), gss_unseal(3). The manpages for DCE-GSSAPI are included with the DCE-CoreTools product. To see those manpages add to gss_process_context_token(3)