Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp in Shellscript
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ftp in Shellscript Post 52155 by ggowrish on Friday 11th of June 2004 08:09:16 AM
Old 06-11-2004
ftp in shellscript

I did not want to use netrc.

I have found a solution as below:

ftp -n 12.34.56.78 << !
user username password
put a.c
bye
!

This works. Thanks anyways.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shellscript for MQSeries

Iam new to shellscript. 1)How to strart QUERYMANAGER using shellscript. 2)How to put and get messages in MQSeries using shellscripts. 3)iam using local queues . Thanks lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shellscript

Hello. I am a novince at writing shell scripts but here is the question. I have to write a shell script that does the following: Once executed via crontab, the script should do the following: a. get date/time stamp in for format 10-MAR-05 and b. execute shell script my_script.sh (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I do aliasing in shellscript?

#Example.sh alias rmv 'sh Example2.sh' when i execute exapme.sh alias name not working. how i solve this problem?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
9 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

help with backup shellscript

can any one advice on this.. create archive backup -yyyymmdd.tr.gzin the directory "backup" that includes the following directory " product/dev","product/uat"and product/maintain", yymmdd, stand for current date This archive needs to be perpared at 9PM every day Thanks advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksakil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shellscript

I am new in shell script i want to convert .txt file in the format axsjdijdjjdk to a x s j d i j d j j d k (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'*' not working in shellscript

Hi, To Archive files, I try to move files from one directory to another directory . So i used the below logic, #!/bin/ksh ****Archive***** mv ${DATA_DIR}/ABC_.dat ${ARCHIVE} So if i give the complete file name its working fine. But if i use '*', im getting the below error, mv:... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bopty
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with the FTP shellscript

Hi Friends I am new to the shell script and i have a script which will connect to server enviornment which will read a file and will FTP to an another server location. But while executing this script FTP transfer is not occuring. But when I enter in FTP mode I am able to transfer the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)