Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp in Shellscript
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ftp in Shellscript Post 52153 by Perderabo on Friday 11th of June 2004 06:54:42 AM
Old 06-11-2004
Please navigate:
Our Home Page -> Answers to Frequently Asked Questions -> Automate FTP / Scripting FTP Transfers

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shellscript for MQSeries

Iam new to shellscript. 1)How to strart QUERYMANAGER using shellscript. 2)How to put and get messages in MQSeries using shellscripts. 3)iam using local queues . Thanks lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shellscript

Hello. I am a novince at writing shell scripts but here is the question. I have to write a shell script that does the following: Once executed via crontab, the script should do the following: a. get date/time stamp in for format 10-MAR-05 and b. execute shell script my_script.sh (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I do aliasing in shellscript?

#Example.sh alias rmv 'sh Example2.sh' when i execute exapme.sh alias name not working. how i solve this problem?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
9 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

help with backup shellscript

can any one advice on this.. create archive backup -yyyymmdd.tr.gzin the directory "backup" that includes the following directory " product/dev","product/uat"and product/maintain", yymmdd, stand for current date This archive needs to be perpared at 9PM every day Thanks advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksakil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shellscript

I am new in shell script i want to convert .txt file in the format axsjdijdjjdk to a x s j d i j d j j d k (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'*' not working in shellscript

Hi, To Archive files, I try to move files from one directory to another directory . So i used the below logic, #!/bin/ksh ****Archive***** mv ${DATA_DIR}/ABC_.dat ${ARCHIVE} So if i give the complete file name its working fine. But if i use '*', im getting the below error, mv:... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bopty
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with the FTP shellscript

Hi Friends I am new to the shell script and i have a script which will connect to server enviornment which will read a file and will FTP to an another server location. But while executing this script FTP transfer is not occuring. But when I enter in FTP mode I am able to transfer the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						    InterNetNews Documentation						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - Rudimentary FTP client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp url [...] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a Perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more FTP URLs on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; e.g., <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz> is stored as active.gz in the current directory. The script properly understands usernames, passwords and ports specified as follows: ftp://user:password@host:port/path/file BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/pgpcontrol/> or <ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/> without requiring administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that downloaded files by simpleftp override existing files with the same name in the local directory. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. Rewritten to use "Net::FTP" by Julien Elie. $Id: simpleftp.pod 8357 2009-02-27 17:56:00Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
actsync(8). INN 2.5.2 2009-05-21 SIMPLEFTP(1)