Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp in Shellscript
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ftp in Shellscript Post 52150 by ggowrish on Friday 11th of June 2004 05:28:36 AM
Old 06-11-2004
Question ftp in Shellscript

Can I do something like this from a shellscript ?:

ftp 12.34.56.78 <<!
username
password
put a.c
bye
!

It does not go through as the login fails.
Is there any alternative to do the above requirement?

Thanks in advance.
Gowrish

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Shellscript for MQSeries

Iam new to shellscript. 1)How to strart QUERYMANAGER using shellscript. 2)How to put and get messages in MQSeries using shellscripts. 3)iam using local queues . Thanks lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shellscript

Hello. I am a novince at writing shell scripts but here is the question. I have to write a shell script that does the following: Once executed via crontab, the script should do the following: a. get date/time stamp in for format 10-MAR-05 and b. execute shell script my_script.sh (which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I do aliasing in shellscript?

#Example.sh alias rmv 'sh Example2.sh' when i execute exapme.sh alias name not working. how i solve this problem?? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
9 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

help with backup shellscript

can any one advice on this.. create archive backup -yyyymmdd.tr.gzin the directory "backup" that includes the following directory " product/dev","product/uat"and product/maintain", yymmdd, stand for current date This archive needs to be perpared at 9PM every day Thanks advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ksakil
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with shellscript

I am new in shell script i want to convert .txt file in the format axsjdijdjjdk to a x s j d i j d j j d k (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejithalokkan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'*' not working in shellscript

Hi, To Archive files, I try to move files from one directory to another directory . So i used the below logic, #!/bin/ksh ****Archive***** mv ${DATA_DIR}/ABC_.dat ${ARCHIVE} So if i give the complete file name its working fine. But if i use '*', im getting the below error, mv:... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bopty
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with the FTP shellscript

Hi Friends I am new to the shell script and i have a script which will connect to server enviornment which will read a file and will FTP to an another server location. But while executing this script FTP transfer is not occuring. But when I enter in FTP mode I am able to transfer the file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kannannair
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)