Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: time stamp of file create
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers time stamp of file create Post 52148 by nhatch on Friday 11th of June 2004 04:52:42 AM
Old 06-11-2004
Question time stamp of file create

Hi,

Sounds a simple request but I also need (would like) to gather the seconds too. I'm not even sure if this is held. I would think it is, somewhere??!!?!

I belive that stat would/could work but I don't do C (we'll not yet).

Is there any comamnd line util I can use?

SunOS.

Cheers and beers,
Neil

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i put a time stamp in a file name

i want to copy a filea.dat to a file name in the format of filea_yyyymmdd_hhmi.dat using something like DTSTAMP=$(date "+%Y%m%d"), which puts it in format filea_yyyymmdd.dat (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhamm
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the time stamp of file

can we change the timestamp of a file to old date. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root other 330 Jul 1 16:03 abc.txt it shows creation time is 16.03 can i change it to previous time :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change time stamp of a file

Hi, As i know , we can change the time stamp of a file by touch command, i did change in a file and it is looking as given # ls -l abcd -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers 0 Feb 17 2010 abcd actually i want to see the output like this -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set date and time stamp of one file to another

Hi I use "touch -t xxxxxxxx" command to set date/time stamp of a file. My requirement is to read the date/time stamp of a file and apply it to another file. Is there anyway to do it simple instead of manually taking date/stamp of first file? TIA Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file with time stamp

Hi guys, Here my scenario is to find the files of previous days if the previous day load had not done. for that i created a file with time stamp and this file is created after the load completes. so every dau i search for the this file with previous days time stamp. i want to create a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apple2685
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to create logfile with local time stamp using perl

Hello All, Morning, I am facing problem with my code while creating a log with name as current time stamp using perl. Here is the code. #!/usr/bin/perl my $time=localtime; my ($day,$month,$date,$tm,$year)=split(/ /,$time); my $stamp=$year."_".$month."_".$date; my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing time stamp in file name

I have a file that is created via a perl script where the file is named like so: 01-07-2016_10:17:08. I am running a shell script that needs to take this file and print it. I can capture the date portion fine, but I am unsure how to capture the time stamp, since there will be a difference from what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ldorsey
1 Replies
RDMA_POST_SENDV(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					RDMA_POST_SENDV(3)

NAME
rdma_post_sendv - post a work request to send a message. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_sendv (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, struct ibv_sge *slg, int nsge, int flags); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. slg A scatter-gather list of memory buffers posted as a single request. nsge The number of scatter-gather entries in the slg array. flags Optional flags used to control the send operation. DESCRIPTION
Posts a work request to the send queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The contents of the posted buffers will be sent to the remote peer of a connection. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
The user is responsible for ensuring that the remote peer has queued a receive request before issuing the send operations. For a list of supported flags, see ibv_post_send. Unless the send request is using inline data, the message buffers must have been registered before being posted, and the buffers must remain registered until the send completes. Send operations may not be posted to an rdma_cm_id or the corresponding queue pair until it has been connected. The user-defined context associated with the send request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_connect(3), rdma_accept(3), ibv_post_send(3), rdma_post_send(3), rdma_post_recv(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_SENDV(3)