Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I put wildcards in an if statement that uses variables? Post 52119 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 10th of June 2004 10:50:27 AM
Old 06-10-2004
Try something like this:
Code:
let all_there=0
ls /098/access.${CURR_DAY_DAY}${CURR_DAY_MONTH}*
let all_there=all_there+$?
ls /789/access.${CURR_DAY_DAY}${CURR_DAY_MONTH}* 
ls /456/access.${PREV_DAY_DAY}${PREV_DAY_MONTH}* 
ls /123/access.${CURR_DAY_DAY}${CURR_DAY_MONTH}* 

if [ all_there -eq 0 ] ; then
   # --------- do stuff here because the files are there
fi

You can use find as well - just something that will error out if it cannot find a file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I make an if [ -f ] statement with wildcards?

Normally you would have something like.. if then foo bar fi but what if you wanted to do something like if then foo bar fi How do I get Unix to accept anything that matches a pattern of FILENAME with anything after it during an in if statement? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Put content of file into variables

How to put a line of strings (with some white spaces in between) from a file into variables? I have tried the following codes. However, the content is cut by space (not by line) for i in `cat ${source_file}` do echo $i done Please comment. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wildcards with if statement?

Hello i am trying to use the wildcards with the if statement but it is displaying the error like this one if * | ** | * ] Any body can help me to for using the wild card option in the if case but i have used this code and working well with the case statement to enter the name without the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtaza
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a line and put it into 3 variables

Hi All, I'll get a file whose 2nd line contains 3 fields: filename(variable length), file size char(10), and record count int(10). How do I cut it and put it into 3 variables? eg: abcd.csv01234567891111111111 now I want: $one = abcd.csv, $two = 0123456789, $three = 1111111111. I also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

put value of multiple sql statements into unix variables

i want to use multple sql count statements and store these count values in unix variable but in one connection only i.e. in only 1 time database should be hit ,which is the main requirement. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sw@pnil
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

put a shell in for statement

I'm a newbie here, today I've got a problem. Here's the shell: b.sh #!/bin/bash rm -rf $1 a.sh #!/bin/bash for file in '/root/Desktop/test/*' do echo $file sh ./b.sh $file done ls /root/Desktop/test When I sh a.sh, the result is : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: very.very.sorry
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ways to put variables into zenity radiolist

Hey guys, i have got a problem...zenity is not being able to read my variables in its radiolist options. as zenity needs a FALSE in front of a radiolist options, i have decided to ... op=$(awk '{print "FALSE" " " $2} /etc/fstab) $?=$(zenity --list --text "mount" --radiolist --column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dplate07
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using wildcards in variables in zsh

Probably a stupid question... how do I use a wildcard in a variable in zsh? If I do: var=* echo $var in bash, it will print all files/directories in the current directory. If I do it in zsh, it will only output an asterisk without the wildcard functionality. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RainbowLAr
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put variables commands in config files?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to put in variables all the commands in /bin config files: /home/test/config_file/config.cfg cat /home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=/bin/echo LS=/bin/lsMain script cat test.sh source=/home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=$ECHO LS=$LS#i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expand Variables and Wildcards into another variable.

Dear Forum members, I am having trouble getting the complete filename (and directory path) in a variable. Output directory mentioned in the code have three files: DISPLAY_CITY_DETAILS_15-05-2019-08-29-26_MIGRATE_london.out DISPLAY_CITY_DETAILS_15-05-2019-08-29-26_MIGRATE_paris.out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
4 Replies
EXECUTE(7)							   SQL Commands 							EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)