Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix emulator for windows 98
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix emulator for windows 98 Post 520 by Neo on Thursday 7th of December 2000 09:03:33 PM
Old 12-07-2000
Any text editor will work

MSWORD, WORDPAD, etc. all will edit and save text files. You then FTP the file to the UNIX platform. There are zillions of ways to do this Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Windows Emulator?

I have heard of something called a windows emulator that allows you to run windows programs in linux, does this realy work? can I run any windows program (like a computer game)? and where can I get it :p (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone recommend a freeware X-windows emulator?

Are there any freeware or shareware X-windows emulators out there? I only have the need for an emulator on rare occasions and would like to avoid having to purchase something like Exceed or x32. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhack
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix Emulator Or Simulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Shell Emulator

Hi all: I have windows XP and i want to learn UNIX SHELL PROGRAMMING! can you tell me any unix shell emulator or simulator which i can install on windows and learn unix shell programming (FOR SOME REASON I DONT WANT TO INSTALL LINUX)!!! PLEASE HELP! CHEERS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravirajindia
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Emulator

Where can I download a unix Emulator for Training and education of the IT personal in my company. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: st_matan
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Emulator for DOS Shell

would like to have ls, wc -l, etc all availble in this silly dos shell I'm stuck in thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robersh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which version of unix and termnail emulator

hello i have a computer sat around doing nothing so i what to install a version of Unix on it, i then want to access the computer from my pc though my home network e.g router. The thing is what version of unix should i use there are so many and being new to all of this some advice would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superdude
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Windows emulator on Solaris machine

Hello together, in our German company we have buyed one English Windows XP version. Every one of us should have access to this windows installation. So we have reconsidered that we want to install this Windows on our SUN SPARC Solaris machine. It is only used for checking out licenses of our own... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SPORTS
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Emulator Cygwin

Hi, I installed unix emulator cygwin, it does not allow me to open vi editor. Can anybody know if cygwin supports vi. if not can somebody please refer a good emulator. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siquadri
5 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mac OS X emulator for Windows XP?

Not quite sure if this is the right section, but you guys know lots of good stuff. Is there a good OS X emulator that I can put on my Windows XP system? I have PC's and at work/lab they run everything on mac's. Due to program compatibility issues, it would be nice if I could run mac software on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
2 Replies
BLAZE-EDIT(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						     BLAZE-EDIT(1)

NAME
blaze-edit - edits a blog post or a page in the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id blaze-edit -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -p, --page Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages. -P, --post Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -f, --force Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Edit a blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit 10 Edit a page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 4 Edit a page in nano: ~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-config(1), blaze-add(1), blaze-list(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-EDIT(1)