Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: taking the end off a path
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting taking the end off a path Post 51947 by google on Sunday 6th of June 2004 10:01:37 AM
Old 06-06-2004
what were the minor changes?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Taking a name out of $PATH

so here is my path: /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/a:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin how would I remove only the "a" or name string within it? any help appreciated (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need UNIX shell scripting end to end information

Hi, I would like to learn shell scripting in UNIX. Can any one please give me the support and share the information/documents with me. If any documents please post it to aswanikumar_nimmagadda@yahoo.co.in Thanks in advance...!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aswani_n
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

taking a part of string from a given path

Hi I have two path as follows system/console/bin/code/sample/testfile.txt system/console/bin/database/files/new/dbfile.txt I need the output as code/sample in first case database/files/new in second case That is I am omitting system/console/bin and the filename(s) in both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of Begin IF ,END IF END not working in the sql script

Hi I have written a script .The script runs properly if i write sql queries .But if i use PLSQL commands of BEGIN if end if , end ,then on running the script the comamds are getting printed on the prompt . Ex :temp.sql After connecting to the databse at the sql prompt i type... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isha_1
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ensuring / at end of directory path

I have a variable name storing a directory path set dirpath = /home/chrisd/tatsh/branches/terr0.50/darwin I want to ensure there is always a "/" at the end, and if there are more than one "/", that I reduce it to just one. ---------- Post updated at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous update was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Test program running taking much more time on high end server T5440 than low end server T5220

Hi all, I have written the following program and run on both T5440 and T5220 on same OS version. I found that T5540 server takes more time than T5220. Please find below the details. test1.cpp #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> using namespace std; #define NUM_OF_THREADS 20... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay_singh85
17 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding to the end of the path in .profile

Hi there, I have the following in my path: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin But I want to change it programmatically(for the purpose of JBoss automatic(ansible) installs) to: export PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/jdk/jdk1.8.0_60 and after that I need to insert the JAVA_HOME programmatically,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hvdalsen
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to see the logical volume path, device mapper path and its corresponding dm device path

Currently I am using this laborious command lvdisplay | awk '/LV Path/ {p=$3} /LV Name/ {n=$3} /VG Name/ {v=$3} /Block device/ {d=$3; sub(".*:", "/dev/dm-", d); printf "%s\t%s\t%s\n", p, "/dev/mapper/"v"-"n, d}' Would like to know if there is any shorter method to get this mapping of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
di_minor_next(3DEVINFO) 			       Device Information Library Functions				   di_minor_next(3DEVINFO)

NAME
di_minor_next - libdevinfo minor node traversal functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -ldevinfo [ library... ] #include <libdevinfo.h> di_minor_t di_minor_next(di_node_t node, di_minor_t minor); PARAMETERS
minor Handle to the current minor node or DI_MINOR_NIL. node Device node with which the minor node is associated. DESCRIPTION
The di_minor_next() function returns a handle to the next minor node for the device node node. If minor is DI_MINOR_NIL, a handle to the first minor node is returned. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a handle to the next minor node is returned. Otherwise, DI_MINOR_NIL is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The di_minor_next() function will fail if: EINVAL Invalid argument. ENOTSUP Minor node information is not available in snapshot. ENXIO End of minor node list. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libdevinfo(3LIB), attributes(5) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 1 Dec 1998 di_minor_next(3DEVINFO)