Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Sad Day for Smarty Jones!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Sad Day for Smarty Jones! Post 51935 by Perderabo on Sunday 6th of June 2004 07:12:55 AM
Old 06-06-2004
I don't follow horse racing. I have barely heard of Smarty Jones. But I still remember Secretariat. He was as big as the Beatles. He won the first two legs of the Triple Crown setting a new record each time. He was proclaimed a super-horse. He was on the cover of Time and Newsweek magizines. There were TV specials devoted to him.... and this was before cable.

I decided to watch that final race of the Triple Crown, still the only horse race I have ever seen. After the first ten feet, it was clear no other horse had a prayer. Of course he won. Of course he set another record. But the other horses were not even in sight. He won by dozens of lengths.

Now that was exciting.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Does modernity make you sad?

One more "on my mind" question ('cause it's constantly on my mind): does modern technology style make you sad and wishing PCs were like they used to be in 90's? I mean we had awesome UIs like motif, win3.1, warp3/4, cde, etc... HDDs used to load with sound. Web used to be a text on a white... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest115
7 Replies

3. AIX

Sad me - or Happy me? Undecided re: AIX 7.2

AIX 7.2 - needs POWER7 or later With AIX 6.1 it was POWER4 or later - then I was "Happy Me!" because I already had a POWER4 system. With AIX 7.2 - for now I am "sad me" because I do not have a POWER7. However, next week I am going to be speaking at the POWER TechU in Cannes (look me up if you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
8 Replies
holidays(4)							   File Formats 						       holidays(4)

NAME
holidays - prime/nonprime table for the accounting system SYNOPSIS
/etc/acct/holidays DESCRIPTION
The /etc/acct/holidays file specifies prime time hours and holidays. Holidays and weekends are considered non-prime time hours. /etc/acct/holidays is used by the accounting system. All lines beginning with an * are comments. The /etc/acct/holidays file consists of two sections. The first non-comment line defines the current year and the start time of prime and non-prime time hours, in the form of: current_year prime_start non_prime_start Specify prime_start and non_prime_start times in the range of 0000 to 2400. The remaining non-comment lines define the holidays in the form of: month/day company_holiday Of these two fields, only the month/day is actually used by the accounting system programs. The /etc/acct/holidays file must be updated every year. EXAMPLES
Example 1 An Example of the /etc/acct/holidays File The following is an example of the /etc/acct/holidays file: * Prime/Nonprime Table for the accounting system * * Curr Prime Non-Prime * Year Start Start * 1991 0830 1800 * * only the first column (month/day) is significant. * * month/day Company Holiday * 1/1 New Years Day 5/30 Memorial Day 7/4 Indep. Day 9/5 Labor Day 11/24 Thanksgiving Day 11/25 day after Thanksgiving 12/25 Christmas 12/26 day after Christmas SEE ALSO
acct(1M) SunOS 5.11 18 Aug 2008 holidays(4)