Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Sad Day for Smarty Jones!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Sad Day for Smarty Jones! Post 51935 by Perderabo on Sunday 6th of June 2004 07:12:55 AM
Old 06-06-2004
I don't follow horse racing. I have barely heard of Smarty Jones. But I still remember Secretariat. He was as big as the Beatles. He won the first two legs of the Triple Crown setting a new record each time. He was proclaimed a super-horse. He was on the cover of Time and Newsweek magizines. There were TV specials devoted to him.... and this was before cable.

I decided to watch that final race of the Triple Crown, still the only horse race I have ever seen. After the first ten feet, it was clear no other horse had a prayer. Of course he won. Of course he set another record. But the other horses were not even in sight. He won by dozens of lengths.

Now that was exciting.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Does modernity make you sad?

One more "on my mind" question ('cause it's constantly on my mind): does modern technology style make you sad and wishing PCs were like they used to be in 90's? I mean we had awesome UIs like motif, win3.1, warp3/4, cde, etc... HDDs used to load with sound. Web used to be a text on a white... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest115
7 Replies

3. AIX

Sad me - or Happy me? Undecided re: AIX 7.2

AIX 7.2 - needs POWER7 or later With AIX 6.1 it was POWER4 or later - then I was "Happy Me!" because I already had a POWER4 system. With AIX 7.2 - for now I am "sad me" because I do not have a POWER7. However, next week I am going to be speaking at the POWER TechU in Cannes (look me up if you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
8 Replies
PRAYER-SESSION(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 PRAYER-SESSION(8)

NAME
prayer-session -- Prayer user session backend daemon SYNOPSIS
prayer-session [--config-file file] [[--config-option name=value] ...] [--foreground] DESCRIPTION
prayer-session is the backend process in the Prayer Webmail system. A fresh prayer-session backend is forked off whenever a user logs in. This process contains all of the permanent state associated with that login session including one or more connections to a IMAP server and possibly connections to accountd servers. prayer-session communicates with the user using HTML over HTTP connections via the prayer(8) proxy. Each login has a session ID that the front end processes use to find the correct backend. Backend server processes move into a dormant state after a certain period of inactivity, shutting down IMAP and accountd connections which can be easily resuscitated when the session wakes up. After a long period of inactivity, typically several hours the session process shuts down. prayer-session accepts the following command-line options: --config-file file Reads configuration from file instead of the default /etc/prayer/prayer.cf. --config-option name=value Sets (overrides) the configuration option name to value. Any number of options can be specified in this manner. --foreground Debug mode. Run a single process in the foreground. ENVIRONMENT
PRAYER_CONFIG_FILE Can be set to specify the configuration file to use. The --config-file option takes precedence over this variable. PRAYER_HOSTNAME Local hostname. Overrides the hostname setting in the configuration file as well as on the command line. FILES
/usr/local/prayer/etc/prayer.cf Default configuration file. /usr/local/prayer/templates/ Location of standard templates. The templates are compiled into prayer-session for performance reasons, so the template files are actually not used, but they are available for customization. SEE ALSO
prayer(8), prayer.cf(5) AUTHORS
This manual page was put together by Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@debian.org> using documentation written by David Carter <dpc22@cam.ac.uk>. The Prayer Webmail Interface 17 August 2008 The Prayer Webmail Interface