Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A Sad Day for Smarty Jones!
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A Sad Day for Smarty Jones! Post 51927 by Neo on Saturday 5th of June 2004 07:49:48 PM
Old 06-05-2004
A Sad Day for Smarty Jones!

We were at Champs watching the Belmont on two 15' screens.

SMARTY JONE!! SMARTY JONES!!!

Then, sadness........ the crowd goes quiet. There are many people who have not seen a triple crown winner in their lifetime......

Amazing... Horse racing!

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find previous month last day minus one day timestamp

Hi All, I need to find the previous month last day minus one day, using shell script. Can you guys help me to do this. My Requirment is as below: Input for me will be 2000909(YYYYMM) I need the previous months last day minus 1 day timestamp. That is i need 2000908 months last day minus ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Does modernity make you sad?

One more "on my mind" question ('cause it's constantly on my mind): does modern technology style make you sad and wishing PCs were like they used to be in 90's? I mean we had awesome UIs like motif, win3.1, warp3/4, cde, etc... HDDs used to load with sound. Web used to be a text on a white... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest115
7 Replies

3. AIX

Sad me - or Happy me? Undecided re: AIX 7.2

AIX 7.2 - needs POWER7 or later With AIX 6.1 it was POWER4 or later - then I was "Happy Me!" because I already had a POWER4 system. With AIX 7.2 - for now I am "sad me" because I do not have a POWER7. However, next week I am going to be speaking at the POWER TechU in Cannes (look me up if you... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelFelt
8 Replies
TALK(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   TALK(1)

NAME
talk -- talk to another user SYNOPSIS
talk person [ttyname] DESCRIPTION
Talk is a visual communication program which copies lines from your terminal to that of another user. Options available: person If you wish to talk to someone on your own machine, then person is just the person's login name. If you wish to talk to a user on another host, then person is of the form 'user@host'. ttyname If you wish to talk to a user who is logged in more than once, the ttyname argument may be used to indicate the appropriate terminal name, where ttyname is of the form 'ttyXX'. When first called, talk sends the message Message from TalkDaemon@his_machine... talk: connection requested by your_name@your_machine. talk: respond with: talk your_name@your_machine to the user you wish to talk to. At this point, the recipient of the message should reply by typing talk your_name@your_machine It doesn't matter from which machine the recipient replies, as long as his login-name is the same. Once communication is established, the two parties may type simultaneously, with their output appearing in separate windows. Typing control-L '^L' will cause the screen to be reprinted, while your erase, kill, and word kill characters will behave normally. To exit, just type your interrupt character; talk then moves the cursor to the bottom of the screen and restores the terminal to its previous state. Permission to talk may be denied or granted by use of the mesg(1) command. At the outset talking is allowed. Certain commands, in particu- lar nroff(1) and pr(1), disallow messages in order to prevent messy output. FILES
/etc/hosts to find the recipient's machine /var/run/utmp to find the recipient's tty SEE ALSO
mail(1), mesg(1), who(1), write(1) BUGS
The version of talk(1) released with 4.3BSD uses a protocol that is incompatible with the protocol used in the version released with 4.2BSD. HISTORY
The talk command appeared in 4.2BSD. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution June 6, 1993 4.2 Berkeley Distribution