Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements Sun says Open Source Solaris is coming Post 51831 by norsk hedensk on Wednesday 2nd of June 2004 10:03:37 PM
Old 06-02-2004
its nice to see the direction the big companies are going in. IBM with its linux support, and this.

the math department chairguy at my school who stepped into my c++ class a year ago said something that disturbed me. he said, write good code, then use really obscure variable names and make your code hard to read once youre done writing your program, so no one will be able to copy your code ever.

yeah thats productive. make it impossible to maintain, and never ever try to help others, or even give others a CHANCE to improve upon what youve done. i see his point, but that is the entirely wrong approach.

hopefully with moves like this people will see that you can STILL make money while writing open source software.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris open source database and graphing

All, I am looking for some open source database and graphing software to plot some MIB performance data on a Solaris server. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Sun Solaris and Open Solaris?

What is the major difference between Sun Solaris 10 and Open Solaris? I believe both are free now, is that true? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yipster
3 Replies
Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::Layer3::Sun - SNMP Interface to L3 Sun Solaris AUTHOR
begemot SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $sun = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, DestHost => 'mysunrouter', Community => 'public', Version => 1 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $sun->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
Subclass for Generic Sun Routers running SunOS Inherited Classes SNMP::Info::Layer3 Required MIBs Inherited Classes' MIBs See "Required MIBs" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for its own MIB requirements. GLOBALS
These are methods that return scalar value from SNMP $sun->vendor() Returns 'sun' $sun->os() Returns 'sun' $sun->os_ver() Returns the software version extracted from message of the day. $sun->model() Returns 'Solaris Router' $sun->serial() Returns serial number Globals imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "GLOBALS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. TABLE METHODS
These are methods that return tables of information in the form of a reference to a hash. Overrides $sun->i_ignore() Returns reference to hash. Increments value of IID if port is to be ignored. Ignores loopback Table Methods imported from SNMP::Info::Layer3 See documentation in "TABLE METHODS" in SNMP::Info::Layer3 for details. perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::Layer3::Sun(3pm)