Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE KDE 3.1.1 - Disabling Window Decorations Post 51775 by zazzybob on Tuesday 1st of June 2004 08:38:17 AM
Old 06-01-2004
Thanks, I might have a look into window maker, as this is the kind of effect I want to achieve (transparent borderless aterms tailing /var/log/messages, etc.....)

I also use the default KDE window manager at present.

Thanks again
Peace
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabling Telnet

How do you keep users from logging on while you do file maintenance? Is there a way to temporarily disable telnet? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: michieka
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disabling telnet

how do i disable the telnet (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Disabling logrotate

Is there a way to disable log rotation? (just for wtmp) I'm looking in /etc/logrotate.conf and I checked the man page but didn't see any option to disable. Is it as simple as commenting out monthly and rotate lines? /var/log/wtmp { missingok # monthly create 0664 root utmp # ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disabling NIS

How do you disable a server, #1, from trying to use the NIS that is running on another server, #2? I would like the #1 server to just use the local etc/shadow file (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
3 Replies

6. Solaris

disabling watchdog

hi, is it possible to disable the "hardware watchdog" on a V240 sol 10 server? and how to? this server freeze 9/10 during boot on this command...:mad: thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilik
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Disabling sendmail

Hello everyone, can anyone tell me how to disable sendmail on solaris 10? I seem to have the sendmail process from hell. Did an SVCS | grep for mail and disabled the 2 processes it threw up. But something is still respawning sendmail (if I kill it manually) and it's doing the usual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to launch a KDE Konsole window with multiple tabs

Gents, I found this script to to launch a KDE Konsole window with multiple tabs.. #!/bin/bash # # Create my standard konsole windows. if ]; then profile=Shell fi sessions=( sh1 $profile 'clear; bash' sh1 $profile 'clear; bash' su1 $profile 'clear; su'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies
gnome-wm(1)							   User Commands						       gnome-wm(1)

NAME
gnome-wm - launch the GNOME window manager SYNOPSIS
gnome-wm [--default-wm wm] [--sm-client-id id] DESCRIPTION
gnome-wm is a shell script which launches the GNOME window manager, metacity. The user may specify that another window manager should be launched, either by using the --default-wm option or by setting the WINDOW_MANAGER environment variable. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --default-wm wm Launch the window manager wm. --sm-client-id iSpecify the session management ID with which the window manager should be launched. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching the dtwm window manager using --default-wm example% gnome-wm --default-wm dtwm Example 2: Launching the dtwm window manager using WINDOW_MANAGER example% WINDOW_MANAGER=dtwm gnome-wm EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-wm Executable for GNOME window manager ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-panel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
metacity(1), gnome-session(1) NOTES
Written by Mark McLoughlin, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 9 Jan 2003 gnome-wm(1)