Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disks going full??
Operating Systems Solaris Disks going full?? Post 51752 by encrypted on Saturday 29th of May 2004 09:20:30 PM
Old 05-29-2004
Hi

I thinks that's quite true . If I look at the output of that command on my system it shows:

97% usage for /export/home.

But, still I have one doubt . I am able to create a file with root access but not as a normal user. Why is this happening??
Also, is there a way by which I can free these inodes other than deleting files which are important .Can a reboot help me??

Thanks,
encryptedSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many disks do I have?

Hi How do I check how many disks do I have in Solaris & HP-UX? Also what does this mean c9t1d5 in /dev/dsk what is c, t, d etc cheers (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: g-e-n-o
8 Replies

2. Solaris

probing disks

I am setting up a Storedge Multipack and upon booting(stop + a) I did a probe-scsi all. Is there any way of viewing this output one page at a time?....it scrolls by too fast and I cannot get all the info. Also it lists the drives here, but after logging in format does not show them. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
7 Replies

3. Solaris

What do you use to wipe your disks?

What are y'all using to wipe your solaris disks? I am being question by IT Security, what I am using to wipe disk. Is anyone using a 3rd party utility? I have used the format utility in solaris previously. But they are looking for something commercial that I can use. Anyone have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Re-using disks

I would like to know if I can move the disks from a V240 chassis into a V440 chassis to use the increased resources (CPU & Memory) to boost performance. I know you can move disks between V210/240 chassis's, but I'm not sure if this would work between 240s & 440s. Any help would be much appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Disks Found RH 5.1

hi guys I am trying to install RedHat 5.1 x64 in a x3650 M3 IBM Server which has a ServeRAID m5014 Controller but I get the message No Disks Found so I cannot install RedHat any idea how to load or install the drivers? thanks a lot guys (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Where are my other disks on T5220 ?

Hi, I got a (used) server to install Solaris 11 and wipe out every information on existing disks. There are 6 disks of 300GB and two disks of 146GB. I am not able to figure out, how to find out RAID (if there is any) and break it. Can anybody help me with that ? Below is configuration. I have... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
df(1M)																	    df(1M)

NAME
df - report number of free file system disk blocks SYNOPSIS
FStype] specific_options] [special|directory]... DESCRIPTION
The command displays the number of free 512-byte blocks and free inodes available for file systems by examining the counts kept in the superblock or superblocks. If a special or a directory is not specified, the free space on all mounted file systems is displayed. If the arguments to are path names, reports on the file systems containing the named files. If the argument to is a special of an unmounted file system, the free space in the unmounted file system is displayed. Options recognizes the following options: Report only the number of kilobytes (KB) free. Report the number of files free. Report only the actual count of the blocks in the free list (free inodes are not reported). Report only on the FStype file system type (see fstyp(1M)). Report the entire structure described in statvfs(2). Report the total number of inodes, the number of free inodes, number of used inodes, and the percentage of inodes in use. Report the allocation in kilobytes (KB). Report on local file systems only. Report the file system name. If used with no other options, display a list of mounted file system types. Specify options specific to each file system type. specific_options is a comma-separated list of suboptions intended for a specific FStype module of the command. See the file-system-specific manual entries for further details. Report the name of the file system, the size of the file system, the number of blocks used, the number of blocks free, the percentage of blocks used and the directory below which the file system hierarchy appears. Do not sync the file system data on the disk before reporting the usage. Note that the data reported by may not be up to date. Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks. Report the percentage of blocks used, the number of blocks used, and the number of blocks free. This option cannot be used with other options. Echo the completed command line, but perform no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single-byte and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
Report the number of free disk blocks for all mounted file systems: Report the number of free disk blocks for all mounted HFS file systems: Report the number of free files for all mounted NFS file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for all mounted file systems: Report the total allocated block figures and the number of free blocks, for the file system mounted as FILES
File system devices Static information about the file systems Mounted file system table SEE ALSO
du(1), df_hfs(1M), df_vxfs(1M), fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), statvfs(2), fstab(4), mnttab(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
df(1M)