Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disks going full??
Operating Systems Solaris Disks going full?? Post 51733 by encrypted on Saturday 29th of May 2004 01:49:14 AM
Old 05-29-2004
Disks going full??

Dear All

I have a problem regarding my Solaris 8 OS . This is regarding the space available in my disk.
Although the df -k for /export/home shows 32% capacity I am not able to create any file on the disk.
Again, quot -af shows the same output . I have got directories in my /export/home but they are having
large number of files (around 1,000,000) . Is there a limit to the number of files in a directory and the size of the directory?
Also the /export/home has got around 3GB capacity of which only 32% has been occupied.

Regards
encryptedSmilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how many disks do I have?

Hi How do I check how many disks do I have in Solaris & HP-UX? Also what does this mean c9t1d5 in /dev/dsk what is c, t, d etc cheers (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: g-e-n-o
8 Replies

2. Solaris

probing disks

I am setting up a Storedge Multipack and upon booting(stop + a) I did a probe-scsi all. Is there any way of viewing this output one page at a time?....it scrolls by too fast and I cannot get all the info. Also it lists the drives here, but after logging in format does not show them. How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
7 Replies

3. Solaris

What do you use to wipe your disks?

What are y'all using to wipe your solaris disks? I am being question by IT Security, what I am using to wipe disk. Is anyone using a 3rd party utility? I have used the format utility in solaris previously. But they are looking for something commercial that I can use. Anyone have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Re-using disks

I would like to know if I can move the disks from a V240 chassis into a V440 chassis to use the increased resources (CPU & Memory) to boost performance. I know you can move disks between V210/240 chassis's, but I'm not sure if this would work between 240s & 440s. Any help would be much appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chains
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Are my disks mirrored ?

# metastat d1: Mirror Submirror 0: d11 State: Okay Submirror 1: d12 State: Okay Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 14582208 blocks (7.0 GB) d11: Submirror of d1 State: Okay Size: 14582208 blocks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Disks Found RH 5.1

hi guys I am trying to install RedHat 5.1 x64 in a x3650 M3 IBM Server which has a ServeRAID m5014 Controller but I get the message No Disks Found so I cannot install RedHat any idea how to load or install the drivers? thanks a lot guys (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Where are my other disks on T5220 ?

Hi, I got a (used) server to install Solaris 11 and wipe out every information on existing disks. There are 6 disks of 300GB and two disks of 146GB. I am not able to figure out, how to find out RAID (if there is any) and break it. Can anybody help me with that ? Below is configuration. I have... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
18 Replies

9. AIX

100% Inode full with only 67% FS full.

AIX Version 6.1 and 7.1. I understand that when the OS initially creates the FS and inodes, its pretty strict, but not always tuned to a 1:1 ratio. I see the same thing when adding a whole disk LV to a separate device. It seems that when we expand a filesystem the inodes don't get tuned... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)