Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Table in HP-UX
Top Forums Programming File Table in HP-UX Post 5173 by PxT on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 10:56:35 AM
Old 08-08-2001
If you get open up 'sam' you can go into the "Kernel Parameters" section and look for the entries that have to do with the file table. Values you might be interested in chaning/examining:

nfile
maxfiles
maxfiles_lim
ninode
nflocks

Be careful if you modify these as it is possible to hose your system if you make a mistake. Usually if an application requires you to modify kernel parameters, the vendor will provide specific instructions on what to change.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values from db1 table and insert into table of DB2

Hi I am having three oracle databases running in three different machine. their ip address is different. from one of the DB am able to access both the databases.(means am able to select values and insert values in to tables individually.) I need to fetch some data from DB1 table(say DB1 ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

create table via stored procedure (passing the table name to it)

hi there, I am trying to create a stored procedure that i can pass the table name to and it will create a table with that name. but for some reason it creates with what i have defined as the variable name . In the case of the example below it creates a table called 'tname' for example ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a condensed table from a pre-existing table in putty

Hello, I'm working with putty on Windows 7 professional and I'd like to know if there's a way to gather specific lines from a pre-existing table and make a new table with that information. More specifically, I'd like the program to look at a specific column, say column N, and see if any of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deedee393
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build a table from a list by comparing existing table entries

I am new to this shell scripting.... I have a file which contains list of users. This files get updated when new user comes into the system. I want to create script which will give a table containing unique list of users. When I say unique, it means script should match table while parsing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchavan1901
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help in copying table structure to another table with constraints in Oracle

hi, i need to copy one table with data into another table, right now am using create table table1 as select * from table2 i want the constraints of table1 to be copied to table2 also , can anyone give me some solution to copy the constraints also, now am using oracle 10.2.0.3.0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to convert table-by-row to matrix table

Hello, I need some help to reformat this table-by-row to matrix? infile: site1 A:o,p,q,r,s,t site1 C:y,u site1 T:v,w site1 -:x,z site2 A:p,r,t,v,w,z site2 C:u,y site2 G:q,s site2 -:o,x site3 A:o,q,s,t,u,z site3 C:y site3 T:v,w,x site3 -:p,routfile: SITE o p q r s t v u w x y... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
7 Replies

9. Web Development

Getting Rid of Annoying Bootstrap Table Borders and Wayward Table Lines

Bootstrap is great; but we have had some issues with Bootstrapped <tables> (and legacy <fieldset> elements) showing annoying, wayward lines. I solved that problem today with this simple jQuery in the footer: <script> $(function(){ $('tr, td, fieldset,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find particular file-name in file and get result in table in mail?

We have 100 linux servers, All send logs to both centralize server(server1 and serverb). all send logs every day and stores in /syslog folder with hostname.log file. I need to prepare script to check every day from both centralize server(server1 and serverb) and send mail in table format. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yash_message
1 Replies
fs_symlinks(5)							File Formats Manual						    fs_symlinks(5)

NAME
fs_symlinks - maximum number of symbolic links used to resolve a path name VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values The minimum value allowed is 20. The maximum value allowed is 1024, or 1K. Specify a positive integer value. DESCRIPTION
The tunable represents the maximum number of symbolic links followed by the kernel when resolving a path name. Applications that create symbolic links and/or parse path names should also now use this limit represented by to be consistent with the kernel. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone expecting to run applications using path names that may expand to a large number of symbolic links. Restrictions on Changing None. The tunable is dynamic (tuning will take effect immediately on the running system). When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? This tunable value should be raised when applications are expected to create and/or parse path names that may expand to a large number of symbolic links. What are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? None. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? This value rarely needs to be lowered, unless there is a reason to limit the number of symbolic links in an expanded path name. What are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? The kernel will not be able to resolve path names with more symbolic links than the limit represented by What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. NOTE: The define traditionally defined in is now obsolete and should not be used. This limit (number of symbolics links that may be expanded in a path name) is now available to applications via this new tunable parameter, The interfaces provided by the tunable infra- structure should be used to obtain the value of At the application level, use the gettune(2) or kctune(1M) interface. Applications using the define may not be consistent with the kernel. The define will be removed in post-HP-UX 11i Version 2 releases. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), sam(1M), gettune(2), settune(2), ulimit(2), setrlimit(2), maxfiles_lim(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters fs_symlinks(5)