Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cursor color[urgent]
Operating Systems Solaris cursor color[urgent] Post 51683 by pankaj verma on Friday 28th of May 2004 03:48:24 AM
Old 05-28-2004
cursor color[urgent]

Hi All.

How can I change the color of my cusor in sun solaris 8 permanently ? Right now my cursor color is yellow. I want black.
Please reply me soon.

Thanks
Pankaj Verma.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Emacs set-cursor-color in iTerm problem

Hi I'm trying to customise emacs to work within iTerm (I've aliased emacs = emacs -nw so it runs inside my shell) but I can't get the 'set-cursor-color' to work. I have the following in my .emacs file: (set-cursor-color "LightSkyBlue") ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepperjacl
0 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Passing the value of a cursor to another cursor

i have 2 cursors. i want to assign the value of first cursor(employee_id) to the where condition of cursor c2(please refer the bold statement). how do i do if i want to assign the value of c1 to where condition of cursor c2? declare cursor c1 IS select employee_id from employee cursor c2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vkca
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies
XSETROOT(1)						      General Commands Manual						       XSETROOT(1)

NAME
xsetroot - root window parameter setting utility for X SYNOPSIS
xsetroot [-help] [-def] [-display display] [-cursor cursorfile maskfile] [-cursor_name cursorname] [-bitmap filename] [-mod x y] [-gray] [-grey] [-fg color] [-bg color] [-rv] [-solid color] [-name string] DESCRIPTION
The setroot program allows you to tailor the appearance of the background ("root") window on a workstation display running X. Normally, you experiment with xsetroot until you find a personalized look that you like, then put the xsetroot command that produces it into your X startup file. If no options are specified, or if -def is specified, the window is reset to its default state. The -def option can be specified along with other options and only the non-specified characteristics will be reset to the default state. Only one of the background color/tiling changing options (-solid, -gray, -grey, -bitmap, and -mod) may be specified at a time. OPTIONS
The various options are as follows: -help Print a usage message and exit. -def Reset unspecified attributes to the default values. (Restores the background to the familiar gray mesh and the cursor to the hollow x shape.) -cursor cursorfile maskfile This lets you change the pointer cursor to whatever you want when the pointer cursor is outside of any window. Cursor and mask files are bitmaps (little pictures), and can be made with the bitmap(1) program. You probably want the mask file to be all black until you get used to the way masks work. -cursor_name cursorname This lets you change the pointer cursor to one of the standard cursors from the cursor font. Refer to appendix B of the X protocol for the names (except that the XC_ prefix is elided for this option). -bitmap filename Use the bitmap specified in the file to set the window pattern. You can make your own bitmap files (little pictures) using the bit- map(1) program. The entire background will be made up of repeated "tiles" of the bitmap. -mod x y This is used if you want a plaid-like grid pattern on your screen. x and y are integers ranging from 1 to 16. Try the different combinations. Zero and negative numbers are taken as 1. -gray Make the entire background gray. (Easier on the eyes.) -grey Make the entire background grey. -fg color Use ``color'' as the foreground color. Foreground and background colors are meaningful only in combination with -cursor, -bitmap, or -mod. -bg color Use ``color'' as the background color. -rv This exchanges the foreground and background colors. Normally the foreground color is black and the background color is white. -solid color This sets the background of the root window to the specified color. This option is only useful on color servers. -name string Set the name of the root window to ``string''. There is no default value. Usually a name is assigned to a window so that the win- dow manager can use a text representation when the window is iconified. This option is unused since you can't iconify the back- ground. -display display Specifies the server to connect to; see X(1). SEE ALSO
X(1), xset(1), xrdb(1) AUTHOR
Mark Lillibridge, MIT Project Athena X Version 11 Release 6.1 XSETROOT(1)