Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NIS stops responding for few minutes and back to normal again Post 5155 by htsubamoto on Wednesday 8th of August 2001 07:38:18 AM
Old 08-08-2001
If you know how to analise Sniffer output, try using one in your NIS network interface card. Maybe you can see if you have too many bad requests, or NFS failures. If you use solaris box, there's a sniffer called snoop. It can be helpfull.

regards

HTT

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change hostname, NIS stops

All, I have changed my machine name from A202 to B205. All I modified was /etc/hosts, /etc/nodename, hostname.ce0, /etc/net/<stuff needed to change>. But for some reason now NIS does not work. This is not the NIS server. When I telnet in I get "No directory! Logging in with home=/" when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
4 Replies

2. AIX

FTP daemon stops responding

I have a strange problem with the FTP server on AIX 5.2. During the busiest time of the day, we get intermittent connection failures or timeouts connecting to the ftp server. The only thing clue that I can find is that daemon log shows the following message: ftpd: /bin/ls: Resource temporarily... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get my shell back to normal readline?

I just ran an application that crashed... but before it did, it managed to set readline echo off, and probably a bunch of other settings. Is there any way I can just tell my shell to re-initialize? To get back to whatever state existed before my shell got messed up by this evil program? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)