Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: root pwd
Operating Systems HP-UX root pwd Post 51352 by andryk on Tuesday 18th of May 2004 04:18:47 AM
Old 05-18-2004
Computer HP-UX flaws

HP-UX is robust but it has flaws...

While that is true, our rules state:

These are not hacker boards so hacker related posts will be promptly deleted or moderated.

-- Perderabo

Last edited by Perderabo; 05-18-2004 at 09:10 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable for root

How do you get the $PWD env variable set for root? I know it's automatic for korn and other shells, but root uses /usr/bin/sh. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcole23
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on PWD

Hi, We all know that pwd (or echo $PWD) gives us the present working dir as output.... but my doubt is that I'ld like to know how to get the present working folder - I mean - name of the current folder alone.. using pwd command I get the full folder name (right from root path)... I need to know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanprabu
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

root pwd expired

Dear friends, I am using linux os . my root passward has expired suddenly. in command prompt iam giving su- and password it is saying that your root password has expired . how to get my root password. anyone pls rep. rajan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd

Home directory mounted on one local system as /home/username, same directory mounted on a remote system as /home/engr/username. How to use command to use remote host pwd. For example rsh <remote host> ls -l ~pwd (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bugsandbunny
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/}

Can anyone explain this in detail ... echo ${PWD#${PWD%/*/*}/} Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakthi.abdullah
1 Replies

7. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

$PWD vs `pwd`

Hi, can anyone expalin the real importance of PWD as a variable. However pwd command and $PWD is going to give the same result, then why do we have 2 different things. Please give some example which illustrates the difference between both. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

$pwd

Hi all,when I cd to an environment variable "cd $MYDIR, if I type pwd, I don't the path to the environment variable dir I cd to. Appreciate the help, regards..Abbya (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abbya
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.16.3 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)