Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run away "bootpgw" & "inetd"
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Run away "bootpgw" & "inetd" Post 51312 by RTM on Monday 17th of May 2004 08:28:55 AM
Old 05-17-2004
Merged your two threads since they are the same problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

files having Script which works behind "who" & "w" commands

Dear All, plz print the path of files which have the script of "who" & "w" commands. thnx in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saqlain.bashir
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

6. Web Development

How would I mod_rewrite "/~a1Pha" and "/=a1Pha" to "/paste/a1Pha.htm"? (internally & externally)

Basically I want to shorten URLs on my html pasting site (pasteht.ml), by using "/~a1Pha" instead of "/paste/a1Pha". The ID is 5 numbers and letters, both cases. For example: /~idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /=idnum serves /paste/idnum.htm /paste/idnum redirects to /~idnum (to update any old... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: phillips1012
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
bootpgw(8)						      System Manager's Manual							bootpgw(8)

NAME
bootpgw - Internet BOOTP Protocol gateway SYNOPSIS
/usr/opt/obsolete/usr/sbin/bootpgw [-d level] [-t timeout] [-h hopcount] [-w waittime] server [server...] OPTIONS
Sets the debug-level variable that controls the number of debugging messages generated. For example, -d 4 sets the debugging level to 4. Sets the maximum hop count a BOOTP request can contain for this bootpgw daemon to forward the packet. The default is 4. Specifies the timeout value (in minutes) that the bootpgw process waits for a BOOTP packet before exiting. If no packets are received for timeout min- utes, the program exits. A timeout value of zero means run forever. When the bootpgw daemon is not started using the inetd daemon, this option is forced to 0. Specifies the minimum wait time in seconds. Requests are forwarded only if the client has been waiting for at least the specified time. The default value is 0. OPERANDS
Specifies the name or IP address of a BOOTP server to which the bootpgw forwards BOOTP requests. DESCRIPTION
The bootpgw daemon implements a simple BOOTP gateway that can be used to forward requests and responses between clients and BOOTP servers (for example, bootpd) on different subnets. In order to use the bootpgw daemon, you must install the Obsolete Commands and Utilities subset (OSFOBSOLETExxx). The bootpgw can be started by the /usr/sbin/inetd daemon by specifying the following line in the /etc/inetd.conf file: bootps dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/bootpgw bootpgw server Note that server specifies the name or IP address of a bootp server to which the bootpgw forwards bootp requests. You may not have the bootpd daemon and the bootpgw daemon running on the same system because they listen on the same bootps port. When the bootpgw daemon is started, it determines the address of a BOOTP server whose name is provided as a command line parameter. When the bootpgw daemon receives a BOOTREQUEST packet, it sets the gateway address and hop count fields in the packet and forwards it to the BOOTP server at the address determined earlier. Then the bootpgw daemon looks in the /etc/services file to find the port numbers it should use. The following two entries are extracted: The bootp server listening port. The destination port used to reply to clients. If the port numbers cannot be determined this way, they are assumed to be 67 for the server and 68 for the client. RESTRICTIONS
You cannot run bootpgw and bprelay on the same system at the same time. FILES
Defines the sockets and protocols used for Internet services. SEE ALSO
Commands: bootpd(8), bprelay(8), inetd(8), joind(8) DARPA Internet Request For Comments: Bootstrap Protocol (RFC 951), Clarifications and Extensions for the Bootstrap Protocol (RFC 1532) bootpgw(8)