Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NAT Routing in linux
Operating Systems Linux NAT Routing in linux Post 51301 by salhoub on Sunday 16th of May 2004 07:29:16 AM
Old 05-16-2004
Power NAT Routing in linux

How to use NAT Router in linux Redhat 6 ? and what
packages and configuration are required ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Setting Up Routing In Linux Redhat 9 Help

:mad: I have just recently got into using Linux RedHat 9. So far I love it, I have set it up on a server I am running. Right now I have set up Samba and am running a file server for my house. I have four computers, the linux box is connected to the internet through a switch I have. There are two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xTHESEUSx
5 Replies

2. Red Hat

Linux Routing Help

I have just recently got into using Linux RedHat 9. So far I love it, I have set it up on a server I am running. Right now I have set up Samba and am running a file server for my house. I have four computers, the linux box is connected to the internet through a switch I have. There are two NICS in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xTHESEUSx
1 Replies

3. Linux

linux routing

how i add new routes to my linux machine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

4. Linux

Routing in Linux

Hello All, I know it's a tricky probably stupid question but I'm stuck.... :( Is there any way to route different protocols through different eth cards for the same destination in Linux? With route add or something like it? For instance: FTP to/from 192.168.1.1 goes through eth0 - gw2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmpx
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

L2 nat

Hi All, Is there any possibility to change the IP address of a package according to its MAC address. It would be a sort of L2 NAT. (i.e. If the MAC address is 00:1A:A0:1E:XX:XX so the dir IP will be 192.168.X.X) Thanks!. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAT detection

hellou, can anybody help me with nat detection in real time ? i prefer some detection script because i try some nat detection program's for example p0f or i'm using tcpdump, but i would get contain of specific packet. Some ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheTechnic
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - how to turn on the the RIP (dynamic routing)

(3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

Linux bridge routing failing on Proxmox3.2/Debian7.0

I am having problems configuring bridged networking on Proxmox3.2/Debian7.0 I have 2 bridges - vmbr0 and vmbr1. I want to attach a gateway/firewall running in a virtual machine between the 2 and use it to connect out to the WAN through vmbr0. I have removed the IP, mask and gateway from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSSVirt
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

Implement inter vlan routing with Linux

Hello. I want to Communicate 2 VLAN with router like this solution: http://8pic.ir/images/83m0ouih8mmm9s1sfl56.jpg For this purpose I'm configuring 2 Linux system as a switch and connect 4 host to them. Then a router is added to scenario. The configuration of the switches is: On DUT1(Linux):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zsn
1 Replies

10. Solaris

OpenVPN and NAT

Hi. I am attempting to set up an OpenVPN server on my Solaris 11 box by following all the Linux guides. Thus far I have a working VPN that I can connect to and ssh onto my VPN server over which is great but not what I require long term. I would like to route all VPN client requests for addresses... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickb1976
0 Replies
ipnat(1M)																 ipnat(1M)

NAME
ipnat - user interface to the NAT subsystem SYNOPSIS
ipnat [-dlhnrsvCF] -f filename The ipnat utility opens a specified file (treating - as stdin) and parses it for a set of rules that are to be added or removed from the IP NAT. If there are no parsing problems, each rule processed by ipnat is added to the kernel's internal lists. Rules are appended to the internal lists, matching the order in which they appear when given to ipnat. ipnat's use is restricted through access to /dev/ipauth, /dev/ipl, and /dev/ipstate. The default permissions of these files require ipnat to be run as root for all operations. ipnat's use is restricted through access to /dev/ipnat. The default permissions of /dev/ipnat require ipnat to be run as root for all oper- ations. The following options are supported: -C Delete all entries in the current NAT rule listing (NAT rules). -F Delete all active entries in the current NAT translation table (currently active NAT mappings). -d Turn debug mode on. Causes a hex dump of filter rules to be generated as it processes each one. -f filename Parse specified file for rules to be added or removed from the IP NAT. filename can be stdin. -h Print number of hits for each MAP/Redirect filter. -l Show the list of current NAT table entry mappings. -n Prevents ipf from doing anything, such as making ioctl calls, which might alter the currently running kernel. -s Retrieve and display NAT statistics. -r Remove matching NAT rules rather than add them to the internal lists. -v Turn verbose mode on. Displays information relating to rule processing and active rules/table entries. /dev/ipnat Link to IP Filter pseudo device. /dev/kmem Special file that provides access to virtual address space. /etc/ipf/ipnat.conf Location of ipnat startup configuration file. /usr/share/ipfilter/examples/ Contains numerous IP Filter examples. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWipfu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ ipf(1M), ipfstat(1M), ipnat(4), attributes(5) To view license terms, attribution, and copyright for IP Filter, the default path is /usr/lib/ipf/IPFILTER.LICENCE. If the Solaris operat- ing environment has been installed anywhere other than the default, modify the given path to access the file at the installed location. 25 Jul 2005 ipnat(1M)