Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Standard Out to Two Locations Post 51269 by RTM on Friday 14th of May 2004 05:06:56 PM
Old 05-14-2004
You didn't post the OS so I can only hope you have the tee command - check the man page for it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

WARNING: ap: no database locations

Hi everone! My computer is ultra80,Operation system 2.6,when I boot get a message "WARNING: ap: no database locations " And then I can login root , but for other user can`t login and had message "no shell". I use csh,after login root when I su -user also had... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yyt19701210
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read EEPROM Locations

Dear Sir, I am Shidlingayya India, i am new to unix script..my problem is present-> I have to read the eeprom locations from 0 to 255 locations in separate file..i wrote the code for this as follows @eep_save_all ;<filename> store eeprom data to intel hex file kr 0,,02/n wf %1,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shidlingayya
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a particular string from different locations ?

I want to delete a particular string ( ex : berkely@abc.com ) from different locations and in different files in each location. Please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_ynm
4 Replies

4. Solaris

file locations...

Hi Guys, There was a post that I saw here a while ago regarding file system layout and what to put where, which I am unable to find now.. A user here posted a man page that list what each partition should have in it and what it is used for and were you should install custom packages. ie:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tornado
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar files from different locations

Hi all, My tar file exists in directory: /usr/users/rovolis/test1/archive.tar Now from directory: /usr/users/rovolis/ i run the following command tar xvzf /usr/users/rovolis/test1/archive.tar The problem is that the extraction of files is not done Any idea why? Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard error to standard out question

Hi there how can i get the result of a command to not give me its error. For example, on certain systems the 'zfs' command below is not available, but this is fine becaues I am testing against $? so i dont want to see the message " command not found" Ive tried outputting to /dev/null 2>&1 to no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

7. Programming

Variable storage locations ...

I've got the following two queries: 1) What's the difference in performance if a variable storage is at bss and not at the data section (apart from the initialization to zero in case of data section variables --like static variables). In general, why a developer need to bother about the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Praveen_218
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Edit locations in a file

Hi , I have a file which looks like this source1 LEN predictive 392879 394347 0.955489 + . Name=sa000003.1;ID=sa000003;Alias=sa121751.1; source1 LEN descriptive_1 391082 392878 . . . Parent=sa000003.1;supp_id=.1805.1; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing to two locations at once

I have a backup script that runs on CRON that I developed about 5 years ago. It has always worked perfectly but a recent firmware update on my QNAP TS 259 has seem to break the large file move/copy capability amongst the ESATA drives. I would like to just change my backhup.sh so that writes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackconsult
3 Replies
NOHUP(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup - run a command immune to hangups, with output to a non-tty SYNOPSIS
nohup COMMAND [ARG]... nohup OPTION DESCRIPTION
Run COMMAND, ignoring hangup signals. --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit If standard input is a terminal, redirect it from an unreadable file. If standard output is a terminal, append output to 'nohup.out' if possible, '$HOME/nohup.out' otherwise. If standard error is a terminal, redirect it to standard output. To save output to FILE, use 'nohup COMMAND > FILE'. NOTE: your shell may have its own version of nohup, which usually supersedes the version described here. Please refer to your shell's doc- umentation for details about the options it supports. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report nohup translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/nohup> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) nohup invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 NOHUP(1)