Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Install problems
Operating Systems Solaris Install problems Post 51181 by pressy on Wednesday 12th of May 2004 06:39:11 PM
Old 05-12-2004

first of all, if i don't get the right driver i use the generic vesa drivers (framebuffer)... that should alway work....

but you don't have to use the sun dt-X-server:

check this out:
http://developers.sun.com/solaris/de...deo-index.html
http://www.xfree86.org/
http://www.tools.de/solaris/ati/

greetings pressy

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 Install problems.

Hello Guys. I kinda need some advice about the partitions. You need to have "x86 Boot", "Solaris" and a "swap" partition right ? I did this: I typed 10 percentage for "x86 boot" and 85 percentage for "solaris". The swap partition was at 5000mb. Everything was going smooth, until this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Noel
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

to install unixODBC with problems

I'm trying to install the unixODBC in HP-UX 11.11 (64 bits), but when executing the ./configure I got the following results: root@server:/usr/local/unixODBC-2.2.11# ./configure checking for a BSD-compatible install... /opt/imake/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulexpert
2 Replies

3. AIX

Problems install Aix 5.3

Hello I have a server that I want to install Aix 5.3, first I change on the sms to install device from the cdrom, when I boot the server on the display hangs up on the message E443 and nothing happens. Who Can I resolve this. Thanks in advance for your comments. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Php install problems..

Hi.. I am running solaris 9 on an x86 server. I already have apache up and running successfully for several months now Server version: Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) Server built: Aug 19 2004 09:30:33 We also have mysql installed and running: Your MySQL connection id is 4631211 to server version:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Network Install Problems T2000

Hi I am trying to do a network install of Solaris 10 08_07 onto a Sunfire T2000. I have configured all my network-boot-arguments on the client server (named sundb1). I have installed my image of Solaris on my install server (sun1). But when I try to install using # boot net -s I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bobby76
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems using 'make' install

I am tring to install DBD::Oracle on Solaris 9 box, I issued command type cc type gcc but both are not found. then i manually searched for gcc, i found it and create a symbolic link to it in my directory. $ perl Makefile.pl (works ok) $ make (retuns error below) LD_RUN_PATH="" cc -G... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jameskay
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Problems with make install

Hi all, I'm working on a server with Solaris 10 and I'm trying to install the pptp client version 1.7.2. So, the generation of the execute file is ok, I run the command 'make' and I got the pptp file. Now I have to run the command 'make install' to install the software, but it stops at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba 3.6.5 install problems

Hi all, I'm trying to update my samba 3.5.10 to 3.6.5 due to security CVE issued with 3.5. I downloaded and unzipped, did the make and make install and the ./configure. I didn't use any changes to it and it said it installed correctly added it to my path and it looks like it's operating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattymatt79
6 Replies

9. AIX

Problems to install gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2

We need gcc 7.2 on AIX 7.2 and so I tried to install the rpm package from IBM (<https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/alpha.html>) The steps were as follows (I downloaded all packages from the given IBM toolbox page): # :-)rpm -ihv gcc-7.2.0-1.aix7.2.ppc.rpm error:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuSchu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problems to install youtube-dl

Hello, I have been experimenting several difficulties to install youtube-dl. On its website, it suggests four different ways of installing it, using curl, wget, pip or brew. I tried the first one following the command that they gave: which resulted in: The second suggestions that tells... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: colt
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)