Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions free VMWARE clone for windows? Post 51136 by dangral on Tuesday 11th of May 2004 04:19:58 PM
Old 05-11-2004
I don't need the best in the field in this case, I am merely looking for something free that will serve my personal use.
After doing much searching, it doesnt seem like there's anything that will match my needs.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

free download indigo perl for windows

i want test perl program with indigo perl before i transfer it to the web, where i could get a free one software (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeoous
2 Replies

2. BSD

X-Windows Free BSD

so, i have a video card SIS s315 AGP and i can't cofigure X Free on free BSD to run X window. Anybody can help me solve this problem?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

3. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can not ping from Solaris VMWare to Windows

Dear All, I have installed Sun Solaris 10 on VMWare 6.5 completely and i have configured IP address already. Solaris's IP Address (on VMWare) is 192.168.10.241 and Windows xp that contain VMWare IP address is 192.168.10.125, but when i ping from solaris to my windows it didn't response at all.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: veasnabee
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Connectivity between Solaris 10 in VMWare and windows Host

I have installed Open Solaris 10 on VMware which is hosted on Windows XP, my PC. I would like to have a connection between Solaris and Windows, so that i can SSH/Telnet from windows to Solaris. I don't have any Internet connection. Please help me with the network connection settings i have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailsachin245
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Share folder between vmware and windows

when i try to mount share folder in redhat mount share -t vmboxfs /mnt it shows no filesystem vmbox:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitbharad
4 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Connecting windows to Vmware

Hi , I have installed Centos 6.5 in my VMWare on windows 7 , My Internet is running fine on both VMWare OS and windows 7 . When I am trying to connect from putty on my window to Vimware Linux but it does not connect. Please help what should I do to connect the window system to Linux System (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
6 Replies

8. Linux

Need suggestions or references to find a way to get free Linux on Windows

Hi all, I am sorry if this is a repetitive question and would be happy if I get directed to a source where I can find details about this. I have a laptop with windows 8, 8 GB RAM and 1 TB hard disk with most of the memory available for use. I am trying to find a good option to install Linux... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pat_pramod
8 Replies
VMWARE(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							 VMWARE(4)

NAME
vmware - VMware SVGA video driver SYNOPSIS
Section "Device" Identifier "devname" Driver "vmware" ... EndSection DESCRIPTION
vmware is an Xorg driver for VMware virtual video cards. MODESETTING, XINERAMA AND RANDR12 If the driver can connect to the "vmwgfx" kernel module on linux, it will attempt to use kernel modesetting and will then also use RandR12 for multiple output operation instead of Xinerama. The X server log or the "xrandr" application can be used to determine whether RandR12 or Xinerama is actually used. 3D ACCELERATION If the driver can connect to the "vmwgfx" kernel module on linux, and the Virtual Machine is set up to use 3D acceleration, the driver will try to use Gallium3D XA to accelerate 3D operations. It will also by default enable DRI, the Direct Rendering Infrastructure, primarily for accelerated OpenGL. If 3D acceleration is available, the driver will in addition provide an additional XVideo adaptor for textured video. Gallium3D XA,ibxatracker.so" and the accelerated OpenGL driver, "vmwgfx_dri.so" is provided by the mesa distribution. CONFIGURATION DETAILS
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver. The driver auto-detects the version of any virtual VMware SVGA adapter. The following driver Options are supported: Option "HWCursor" "boolean" Enable or disable the HW cursor. Default: off. Option "Xinerama" "boolean" Disable or enable Xinerama support. Default: xinerama is enabled if the hardware supports it. Option "StaticXinerama" "string" Provide a static xinerama geometry that will be active at server startup and will not be overridden at runtime. The format is "Width1xHeight1+Xoffset1+Yoffset1;Width2xHeight2+Xoffset2+Yoffset2" and so on. Negative offsets are not supported. If the driver is using RandR12, this option should be used to place and enable outputs at driver startup time or else when VMware tools is not used for that purpose. Also please see option "GuiLayout". Option "GuiLayout" "string" A synonym to option "StaticXinerama", since the latter name is somewhat misleading when RandR12 is favoured before Xinerarma. Option "AddDefaultMode" "boolean" Provide a default mode with a resolution identical to the resolution of the guest before the X server was started. The X server will thus try to start without changing resolution. Default: on. Option "RenderAccel" "boolean" Try to accelerate render operations if the operations are reading from previously accelerated contents (3D or video). This option is needed for 3D support. Default: on if 3D acceleration is supported. Otherwise off. Option "DRI" "boolean" Enable the Direct Rendering Infrastructure. Default: on if 3D acceleration is supported and "RenderAccel" is enabled. Otherwise off. Option "DirectPresents" "boolean" Speed up OpenGL swapbuffers by skipping a copy operation. This provides some OpenGL swapbuffer speedups, but may cause performance degradation and rendering errors when 3D contents is read back for mixing with software rendered contents. Default: off. Option "HwPresents" "boolean" This is a developer convenience option and should not be used by distros or normal users. When enabled, it copies software rendered contents to a 3D surface before presenting it, so that the visible screen is always present on a 3D surface. Default: off. Option "RenderCheck" "boolean" This is a developer convenience option and should not be used by distros or normal users. When enabled, it tries to use 3D accelera- tion for all XRender operations where 3D acceleration is supported, resulting in a considerable slowdown due to the increased number of readbacks of accelerated contents from host to guest. This option is used to verify that the accelerated Xrender paths works cor- rectly with the "rendercheck" application. Default: off. SEE ALSO Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7), xrandr(1) AUTHORS
Copyright (c) 1999-2007 VMware, Inc. X Version 11 xf86-video-vmware 12.0.2 VMWARE(4)