Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Atomicity
Top Forums Programming Atomicity Post 51097 by S.P.Prasad on Tuesday 11th of May 2004 01:33:28 AM
Old 05-11-2004
Please visit the link within this post.

_check_lock and _clear_lock on AIX

I tested the code implementing the routines and the code behaves fine in Unit testing.

Also if someone can explain me in detail "The word variable must be aligned on a full word boundary." as stated in the page. Please correct me if I am worng - "A group of related bytes that are treated as a single addressable unit or entity in memory is called as a WORD. Hence size of a word varies from one computer to another, depending on the CPU. For computers with a 16-bit CPU, a word is 16 bits (2 bytes)."

Single Word = Single addressable unit by CPU
Word Boundary = Address completely divisible by number of bytes that represents a single addressable unit.

Example Single Word length = 16 bits then a word boundary is any address that is completely divisible by 16, which would mean that the variable referenced here should begin at 0,16,32,48,64 ... and so on memory locations and the variable should consume 16 bits of memory.

Am I correct? What extra care should I take into account during coding?

Please let me know whether these are a proven set of standard 'C' routines. Please let me know your honest opinions before I put it into the production system and have a go.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by S.P.Prasad; 05-11-2004 at 05:11 AM..

PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)