Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about Sun 9 HCL
Operating Systems Solaris about Sun 9 HCL Post 51073 by Optimus_P on Monday 10th of May 2004 02:38:36 PM
Old 05-10-2004
Re: ok but

i dont mean to be rude but i really cant follow your post, so i dont know what you are looking for.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies
XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(3X11)									      XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(3X11)

NAME
XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList, XGetDeviceDontPropagateList - query or change the dont-propagate-list for extension devices SYNOPSIS
XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(display, window, count, event_list, mode) Display *display; Window *window; int *count; XEventClass *event_list; int mode; XEventClass *XGetDeviceDontPropagateList(display, window, count) Display *display; Window *window; int *count; ARGUMENTS
Specifies the connection to the X server. Specifies the window whose dont-propagate-list is to be queried or modified. Specifies a pointer to a list of event classes. Specifies the mode. You can pass AddToList, or DeleteFromList. Specifies the number of event classes in the list. DESCRIPTION
The XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList request modifies the list of events that should not be propagated to ancestors of the event window. This request allows extension events to be added to or deleted from that list. By default, all events are propagated to ancestor windows. Once modified, the list remains modified for the life of the window. Events are not removed from the list because the client that added them has terminated. Suppression of event propagation is not allowed for all input extension events. If a specified event class is one that cannot be sup- pressed, a BadClass error will result. Events that can be suppressed include DeviceKeyPress, DeviceKeyRelease, DeviceButtonPress, Device- ButtonRelease, DeviceMotionNotify, ProximityIn, and ProximityOut. XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList can generate a BadDevice, BadClass, or BadValue error. The XGetDeviceDontPropagateList request queries the list of events that should not be propagated to ancestors of the event window. XGetDeviceDontPropagateList can generate a BadClass or BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist or has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDevice. This error may also occur if some other client has caused the specified device to become the X keyboard or X pointer device via the XChangeKey- boardDevice or XChangePointerDevice requests. Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a spe- cific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. An invalid window id was specified. An invalid event class was specified. SEE ALSO
Programming With Xlib XChangeDeviceDontPropagateList(3X11)