Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about Sun 9 HCL
Operating Systems Solaris about Sun 9 HCL Post 51069 by qmemo on Monday 10th of May 2004 02:00:29 PM
Old 05-10-2004
ok but

ok I can do that I Guess.
But I have noticed some things During the installation.
when I used the first cd labeld (sol-9-u6-install-x86) and after going with what it prompts me to do, and rebooting the system, I find that web installer is launched asking me if I want to install (java_es_03Q4-solaris-x86-iso) and others I don't remmber them now.
I say now and exit's the web installer and reboot I find that it Don't launch another time, so I decided to install from ccd labeld (sol-9-u6-x86-v1), and go with after I am prompted to do, and say full installation with oem support, the installation after that went fine and well, rebooted, asked for cd 2 labeld (sol-9-u6-x86-v2), and the installation went from it just fine, done root password set, ...etc during install.
ok were done.
the configration assistant I belive it is so called ( my bad experince with Solaris Drives me to drop every good idea I had on it before .... sorry ...this can be fixed ......later) deticted my devices fine and every thing is comptable even sound card !
after the last reboot of the system,
I get the boot menu x86 active, solaris
i hit for the x86 and see the proccess coming up expet for send mail it try's to send mail to somethn I don't know for sure, I login as root...choose my window manger and am in.
try to play any sound from an audio cd I have ..the system tells me that there is no sound devices!!!
I added a user throw the admin tool.
qustion......how that system shut's down?
I tried every thing but it just don't shutdown and gives me the command line inbut....do you know how did I manged to get the power off?
i rebooted the system then powerd off before it starts.(may be that's lame but .....what would you have done if you were me?)

Help me please

qmemo

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies