Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Copy Move Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with Copy Move Script Post 51066 by alfpathros on Monday 10th of May 2004 12:41:09 PM
Old 05-10-2004
Tools Help Please, Gurus! Copy Move Script!

Hello Gurus!

Please help!

Last edited by alfpathros; 05-14-2004 at 09:54 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to copy/move folder on XP to Solaris?

I have created a folder on C:\images\Raffles.jpg on my PC, and I like to copy or move to Solaris server. How can I do that? Please advise. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simt
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ncftp copy/move pb

Hi, i have made this script for copy file in folder FTP in my local machine, when copy is finish i move files copied in backups_001 directory on same ftp 1°) the problem is if this script works with date if date is similar i taken, but if one day in ftp they put new file is no getting ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: livetele
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Copy-Move file problem

Hello, I made a script to copy files from one directory to another and move file after the copy is done. When files are present in the source directory there is no problem but when no file are present I'm getting an error. Please help !! --------------------- #!/bin/bash ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsimoneau
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy/move to a file with a special character as the 1st char in the filename?

I am trying to create files with special characters in its filenames for testing purposes. This is on a Linux RHEL4 but this should also be applicable on a Unix shell. I am able to create files with special characters in the filenames...e.g. cp -pv foo.gif \*special.gif cp -pv foo.gif \... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help pls! need to move and copy pattern...

Help please... Need to convert below: Subcase ID : 10001 210000 0 1.22049E+01 220000 0 6.29560E+00 Subcase ID : 20703 210000 0 2.76398E+00 220000 0 2.43183E+00 230000 0 -1.87728E+01 Subcase ID : 13703 210000 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakanino
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy or move file

I am trying to move a file that is in the root directory. I suspect it is an old file created by someone when the system was installed. I am testing accessing the file by doing a copy but the command does not find the file. I am operating as root. We are HP-UX B.11.23 I do long listing and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcorn
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/move file which are not currently in use.

Hello experts, I'm doing a shell script that able to copy or move files. My situation is i have a drive ( lets say its S drive) where its receive all the files from mainframe i need to copy all the file from S drive to T drive. but only those files that are finished copied from mainframe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CelvinSaran
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy or Move problem

Hi All, I have a simple shell script to move .txt file(s) from a source directory one after another to the destination. The source directory is shared to windows using samba. The source files are arriving continuously and approx size is 10-15 KB. Some time the file size reached upto 100 KB and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sraj142
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Can't erase/move/copy file!

Hey everyone!. I have a problem with a file that doesn't allow any operation on it. I can't rm,mv,cp nor any other operation to it, I get the following errors: bash-2.05# mv ora_2527.aud /bkp mv: cannot access ora_2527.aud bash-2.05# cp ora_2527.aud /bkp cp: cannot access ora_2527.aud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonov7
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Separate the apache user file and move or copy some were

Hi all, I'm Using Centos 6.4 /opt/my_aplication/entry/data/0/ There are Thousands of files in this Directory, Only i need to copy or move the apache User's file from this to /tmp/backup , I have listed apache user's file using find . -user apache -type f , its gave me the only apache... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-f] [-q] [-t] [file] DESCRIPTION
Script makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -f Flush output after each write. This is nice for telecooperation: One person does `mkfifo foo; script -f foo' and another can super- vise real-time what is being done using `cat foo'. -q Be quiet. -t Output timeing data to standard error. This data contains two fields, separated by a space. The first field indicates how much time elapsed since the previous output. The second field indicates how many characters were output this time. This information can be used to replay typescripts with realistic typing and output delays. The script ends when the forked shell exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. Script works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen, the results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism), replay(1). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
Script places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. Linux July 30, 2000 Linux