Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about Sun 9 HCL
Operating Systems Solaris about Sun 9 HCL Post 51056 by Optimus_P on Monday 10th of May 2004 09:49:27 AM
Old 05-10-2004
Re: Good News

Quote:
Originally posted by qmemo
Hi all The Good News is Solaris 9 (u6-4/04)
worked fine with my hardware.
now I need to know what exactly should be done cause I know I did a dozne of mistakes during the installation proccess.
need to know how many partions should be there for the Os, what's there lables.
File system...etc
in synopsis I need Help

qmemo
you can always reinstall if you want.
the labels are the filesystems you created durring install.
typicly /, /usr, swap are created durring the install.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies
lj250of(8)						      System Manager's Manual							lj250of(8)

Name
       lj250of - LJ250 Companion Color Printer Filter

Syntax
       /usr/lib/lpdfilters/lj250of [-c] [-nlogin] [-hhost] [-wwidth] [-lnum] [-iindent]  [accounting file]

Description
       The  filter  is used to filter text data destined for the LJ250 Companion Color printer.  The filter handles the device dependencies of the
       printers and performs accounting functions.  Accounting records are written to the file specified by the af field in at the time of comple-
       tion for each job.

The filter can handle plain ASCII files, nroff files, and sixel files. If the printer is in HP HCL mode, the filter should be invoked using
       the lpr -x option.  The filter translates nroff control sequences for underlining, superscripting, and subscripting into the correct  LJ250
       control sequences.

The  filter  can  be  the specified filter in both the of and the if fields in the file.  For further information, see When both fields are
       specified the of filter is used only to print the banner page.  It is then stopped to allow the if filter access to  the  printer.  The	if
       filter maintains accounting information.

If the of field is the only one specified, the filter is used to print the banner page.	It is then stopped and restarted.  This allows the
       of filter to be used to maintain accounting information.

If the if field is the only one specified, the banner page is sent directly to the printer. If the printer has been left in an undetermined
       state the banner page may not print correctly.

The  best  results  are obtained when the filter is specified in both the of and if fields.  For a more detailed discussion on filters, see
       the ``Line Printer Spooler Manual'' in the ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 2: Programmer.

Options
       The filter ignores the arguments passed to it by the line printer daemon, lpd(8).  The of filter is called with the following arguments:

lj250of -wwidth -llength
	      The width and length values come from the pw and pl fields in the database.

The if (or restarted of) filter is passed the following arguments:

lj250of -c -nlogin -hhost -wwidth -lnum -iindent  accounting file

Diagnostics
       The lf field (default /dev/null) in the database specifies error logging file name.

Files
       Printer capabilities database

See Also
	      lpr(1), pr(1), printcap(5), lpd(8), MAKEDEV(8), pac(8)
	      ``Line Printer Spooler Manual,'' ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 2: Programmer

lj250of(8)