Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Where to buy used Sparc machine Post 51029 by billshu on Sunday 9th of May 2004 01:13:57 AM
Old 05-09-2004
Where to buy used Sparc machine

Hello,

I plan to take the SCSA exam. I think if I have a Sparc machine that will be very helpful, though I could run VMWare on Win system. So could anyone know where I can buy a used workstaion. I am not dare going to eBay Smilie , (I am not sure the source is reliable). I live in up NY state.
And what kind of system suits the situation, Ultra10(cheap,ha)...?
Thanks for any input.

Shu

Last edited by billshu; 05-09-2004 at 02:28 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

In Sparc Ultra 45 machine, how to enable bge1

In Sparc Ultra 45 machine, how to enable bge1 port, how to do if bge0 is down then bge1 should automatically up. Thanks & Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

2. Debian

Problem installing Debian5 on an ultra sparc machine

Comments/Problems: Machine boots from CDROM, starts SILO Version 1.4.13, display welcome message (welcome to Debian GNU/Linux lenny! built on 20081218-10:06 ). boot: Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel Loaded kernel version 2.6.26 Loading initial ramdisk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting SPARC 5 Machine 's CD-ROM

Hi, I have inherited a Ultra 5 SPARC machine that I need to boot from its CD-ROM. WHen I turn on the machine it just boots to its hard drive. How do I get it to boot from the CD-ROM. I am a Solaris newbie.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Sudo issues with Ubuntu 7.10 Running on a Ultra SPARC Machine

I have a Sun Blade 1000 machine that I installed Ubuntu 7.10 SPARC onto. The only user configured (configure during install) cannot use sudo. When I try to issue a command using sudo (ex. sudo apt-get install) it asks me for my password and returns the error "user not found in sudoers file". I need... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swilso
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Need gcc binary for a SPARC machine

The machine I am trying to compile on does have /usr/sfw/bin and all the files in it, EXCEPT gcc !! This is a SUN Sparc-1 machine, so the binary does matter to match this. Can someone send me a gcc so I can put it locally for compilation purposes? Or point me a a site that has a compiled-ready... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve701
17 Replies

6. Ubuntu

GUI for Gutsy running a SPARC Machine

I am having a hard time trying to find a repository that supports Gutsy 7.10 SPARC (I'm running a Sun Blade 1000 with an Ultra SPARC processor). Any idea how i can get a gui on my machine? Thanks in advance for the help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swilso
2 Replies

7. Solaris

I/O error on Solaris sparc machine

I am getting below error when trying to find for the files under /var/spool/ directory. unix@test1 >ls -la /var/spool /var/spool: I/O error Please advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SNMP - cpu core information for Sun SPARC machine

Dears, I'm looking for getting CPU cores information of Sun machines (like: SunFire V880, Fujitsu SPARC T5120, ...) via SNMP, unfortunately i couldn't find the proper OID for that. Can anyone help me with this ? Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine SPARC?

Hello, please, can somebody tell me if can i virtualize Solaris 11 SPARC architecture in a x86 PC? Virtualbox allows doing that? i need to run Solaris 11 SPARC to make a lab, and dont have any SUN machine to do on it. Thanks in advance! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
VIRT-CONVERT(1) 					   Virtual Machine Install Tools					   VIRT-CONVERT(1)

NAME
virt-convert - convert virtual machines between formats SYNOPSIS
virt-convert [OPTION]... INPUT.VMX|INPUT-DIR [OUTPUT.XML|OUTPUT-DIR] DESCRIPTION
virt-convert is a command line tool for converting virtual machines from one format to another. Pass in either a VM definition file (such as VMWare vmx format) or a directory containing a VM. By default, a new VM definition file, and converted disk images, will be placed in a new output directory. If an output directory is specified, it will be created if necessary, and the output VM definition placed within, along with any disk images as needed. If an output VM definition file is specified, it will be created alongside any disks in the same directory. OPTIONS
Any of the options can be omitted, in which case virt-convert will use defaults when required. An input VM definition or containing directory must be provided. By default, an output directory is generated based upon the name of the VM. The default input format is VMWare vmx, and the default output format is a libvirt "image" XML definition (see virt-image(5)). -h, --help Show the help message and exit Conversion Options -i format Input format. Currently, "vmx", "virt-image", and "ovf" are supported. -o format Output format. Currently, "vmx" and "virt-image" are supported. -D format Output disk format, or "none" if no conversion should be performed. See qemu-img(1). Virtualization Type options Options to override the default virtualization type choices. -v, --hvm Create a fully virtualized guest image Convert machine to a hvm/qemu based image (this is the default if paravirt is not specified) -p, --paravirt Create a paravirtualized guest image Convert machine to a paravirt xen based image General Options General configuration parameters that apply to all types of guest installs. -a ARCH, --arch=ARCH Architecture of the virtual machine (i686, x86_64, ppc). Defaults to that of the host machine. --os-type=OS_TYPE Optimize the guest configuration for a type of operating system (ex. 'linux', 'windows'). This will attempt to pick the most suitable ACPI & APIC settings, optimally supported mouse drivers, virtio, and generally accommodate other operating system quirks. See virt-install(1) for valid values. --os-variant=OS_VARIANT Further optimize the guest configuration for a specific operating system variant (ex. 'fedora8', 'winxp'). This parameter is optional, and does not require an "--os-type" to be specified. See virt-install(1) for valid values. --noapic Override the OS type / variant to disables the APIC setting for fully virtualized guest. --noacpi Override the OS type / variant to disables the ACPI setting for fully virtualized guest. Miscellaneous Options -q, --quiet Avoid verbose output. -d, --debug Print debugging information --dry-run Proceed through the conversion process, but don't convert disks or actually write any converted files. EXAMPLES
Convert a paravirt guest from "image.vmx": # virt-convert --arch=i686 --paravirt image.vmx Convert a 64-bit hvm guest: # virt-convert --arch=x86_64 vmx-appliance/ hvm-appliance/ AUTHOR
Written by Joey Boggs and John Levon See the AUTHORS file in the source distribution for the complete list of credits. BUGS
Please see http://virt-manager.org/page/BugReporting COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Red Hat, Inc, and various contributors. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License "http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html". There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
virt-image(5), the project website "http://virt-manager.org" 2011-07-18 VIRT-CONVERT(1)