Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Advice - Solaris 9 Exam 310-014 & 310-015 Post 50958 by frustrated1 on Thursday 6th of May 2004 03:56:43 AM
Old 05-06-2004
Thanks for advice...
I have a bit of experience on a few different o/s but I wouldnt call myself an expert or anything...

I will give the first exam a go in a week or two - I think I am pretty much ready for it and then study for the next presuming I pass the first one..

Thanks again for advice.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 Exam 310-014 & 310-015 Can anyone recommend some good study guides?

Hello, I'm going to be studying for my Solaris 9 System Administrator Certification and wondered if anyone had taken the exams and could recommend some good study guides / crams / books. Cheers, (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: unrealuk
8 Replies

2. Solaris

some questions on 310-015

hi can any1 pls ans these questions 22. Which two statements about the functionality of the syslogd daemon are true? (Choose two) A. Error messages can only be logged locally in a system log. B. The kernel, daemons, and syslogd each write directly to a system log. C. Syslogd can write... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azeem_3001
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302)

I want to start studying for Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302) Are there any books or study guides for this? I am pumping a dry well on Amazon and Borders... What have you used to study for this? Is there anything out there that is reasonable? I am not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
10 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 OS, Part I (CX-310-200)

Hi all, I have been reading for Sun Solaris Administrator exam (CX-310-200) but i have kind of been dragging. Is there anyone preparing for this exam so we could make like a study group or accountability partner. Awaiting your response. thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkechifesie
6 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

310-202 question

Hi guys, i need help : The system admin wants to configure user_attr(4)sources in the /etc/nsswitch.conf Which line needs to be configured? a: passwd b: user_attr The answer is A but wait !! I did a man nsswitch.conf and user_attr is a valid database ( at least for soalris 10) ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0011
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 310-202 Question

Hello All, Below I'm posting a question regarding a possible Solaris 10 310-202 exam question that I think is wrong. I do not agree that the answer is B. The inetadm command does not even have a flag/option of -a. Can anyone provide any assistance? Thanks! You've tried connecting to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeeDub78
2 Replies
MADVISE(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							MADVISE(2)

NAME
madvise -- give advice about use of memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/mman.h> int madvise(caddr_t addr, size_t len, int behav); int posix_madvise(caddr_t addr, size_t len, int behav); DESCRIPTION
The madvise() system call allows a process that has knowledge of its memory behavior to describe it to the system. The advice passed in may be used by the system to alter its virtual memory paging strategy. This advice may improve application and system performance. The behavior specified in behav can only be one of the following values: MADV_NORMAL Indicates that the application has no advice to give on its behavior in the specifed address range. This is the system default behavior. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_NORMAL Same as MADV_NORMAL but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_SEQUENTIAL Indicates that the application expects to access this address range in a sequential manner. This is used with madvise() sys- tem call. POSIX_MADV_SEQUENTIAL Same as MADV_SEQUENTIAL but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_RANDOM Indicates that the application expects to access this address range in a random manner. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_RANDOM Same as MADV_RANDOM but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_WILLNEED Indicates that the application expects to access this address range soon. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_WILLNEED Same as MADV_WILLNEED but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_DONTNEED Indicates that the application is not expecting to access this address range soon. This is used with madvise() system call. POSIX_MADV_DONTNEED Same as MADV_DONTNEED but used with posix_madvise() system call. MADV_FREE Indicates that the application will not need the information contained in this address range so the pages may be reused right away. The address range will remain valid. This is used with madvise() system call. The posix_madvise() behaves same as madvise() except that it uses values with POSIX_ prefix for the behav system call argument. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, a value of 0 is returned. Otherwise, a value of -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
madvise() fails if one or more of the following are true: [EINVAL] The value of behav is incorrect. [ENOMEM] The virtual address range specified by the addr and len are outside the range allowed for the address space. [EINVAL] The address range includes unallocated regions. SEE ALSO
mincore(2), minherit(2), mprotect(2), msync(2), munmap(2) HISTORY
The madvise function first appeared in 4.4BSD. The posix_madvise function is part of IEEE 1003.1-2001 and was first implemented in Mac OS X 10.2. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD