Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting String in text matches folder name Post 50939 by Optimus_P on Wednesday 5th of May 2004 05:44:42 PM
Old 05-05-2004
use a forloop and as the list do a forward tick and then use awk to get the first field from the file.

now that you have your list of directories i assume you would want to enter that directory and get a list fo files (another for loop) and do your processeing on them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating folder when the string matches

hi :confused:sorry last time , b4 im drafting the thread i was unexpectedly posted the thread see here is the program wat it will do is .. i have to create folder at the run time when the string matches ... what to do is im havin text file which carry the file name like ( EngCVer1pg1j01.TOP,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximas
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove all matches in a string with sed

if I have "abxcdxefx" and want to remove the x's with sed, how can I do this? Thanks. WHOOPS: Just remembered: echo "abxcdxefx" | sed s/x//g Thanks for reading, though. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lumix
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all text files in folder and then copy to a new folder

Hi all, *I use Uwin and Cygwin emulator. I´m trying to search for all text files in the current folder (C/Files) and its sub folders using find -depth -name "*.txt" The above command worked for me, but now I would like to copy all found text files to a new folder (C/Files/Text) with ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get line number when matches a string

If I have a file something like as shown below, ARM*187878*hjhj BAG*88778*jjjj COD*7777*kkkk BAG*87878*kjjhjk DEF*65656*89989*khjkk I need the line numbers to be added with a colon when it matches the string "BAG". Here in my case, I need something like ARM*187878*hjhj... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print only '+' or '-' if string matches (two files)

I would like to add two additional conditions to the actual code I have: print '+' if in File2 field 5 is greater than 35 and also field 7 is grater than 90. while read -r line do grep -q "$line" File2.txt && echo "$line +" || echo "$line -" done < File1.txt ' Input file 1: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernardo.bello
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert folder name in text string

Hi, I am trying to organize a badly constructed web server. Basically every file is in public_html which is horrendous. There's about 50 images and 20 html files (not counting the css files and pdf docs). I am trying to update each .html file using sed based on: Where string contains *.jpg... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: enginama
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display text is string matches below.

I have not idea how I would accomplish this. I have a script that scans for CDP neighbours. I get the results in a file. I am interested in CDP Neighbor Details if name BSWITCH shows up. If BSWITCH is not present then skip. CDP Neighbor Details for 10.200.21.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all matches containing a string until its next space

I want to delete all matches in a text following this pattern: Each match starts with linux- Each match ends with a space (Remove linux-* until immediate next space) EXAMPLE: From this text: ibudev1 libudev1 libweather-ion7 libxatracker2 linux-generic linux-headers-generic... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tribe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)