Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Slackware After installing linux cannot boot PC anymore? Post 50916 by zazzybob on Wednesday 5th of May 2004 11:52:33 AM
Old 05-05-2004
In response to your second question, I assume that you would like to launch a graphical desktop environment, rather than using Slackware in text mode at the console.

Providing you've installed X and it's configured, just type
startx at the command prompt, and the default graphical environment should be launched (KDE 3.1 on my Slack 9.1. box). You may need to edit your $HOME/.xinitrc file to launch the window manager of your choice.

Other than that, more info is required, please elaborate!

Cheers
ZB
http://www.zazzybob.com

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Dual Boot Xp is in first want Solaris

I'm looking to add a 2nd hard drive to my computer and make one hard drive Solaris and keep the 2nd as my origional Xp home edition. To basically keep them seperated in what they do. Now saying I have the hard drive in installed and everything and it's blank. I work for Sun Microsystems so i know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cyrix142
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

linux will not boot, boot to grub prompt

my redhat 9 will not boot. We had a power failure and when the power came back, my redhat linux will not boot. The machine come up to grub prompt. I tried the following from grub prompt root (hd0, then press tab key partition num:0 filesystem type unknown, partition type 0x83... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to boot with XP after installing SUSE

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post. I had following setup before installing SUSE Linux: Windows 98 installed on Primary partition Windows XP installed on Extended Partition When I installed SUSE, it shared space from primary partition and shrunk the size of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patras
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Urgent Help Needed: Installing Dual Boot Ubuntu

Hi, I have installed Ubuntu 5.04 on my second Hard Drive. My first HD contains windows. When i make my 2nd HD as boot device, i see GRUB Menu (i.e. stage 2). On trying to boot Ubuntu, I get an Error 15: File missing problem. The FS shown was FAT. On trying to boot Windows, I am presented... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikb23
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire won't boot anymore

Hi all - I have an issue with our (way old) single processor SunFire 280R, running Solaris 9.0.4. It won't boot even after multiple power cycles. There was a power outage last week end in the computer room, so this might have to do. In normal boot mode, the screen shows a single line : ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bostella
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing centos dual boot with ubuntu

I have installed ubuntu desktop on my hard drive and I gave it all the hard drive. Now I want to repatriate the hard disk and give half of it to anther ext4. How do I do that? Can I do it fron with in the ubuntu? Second when I install the centos, how can I make to recognize the ubuntu and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

After installing redhat, my laptop boot straight to Windows 7

Hi all, Good day. I just installed RHEL6.3 into my laptop to learn RH. There is an existing Windows 7 in there. After installing the RHEL, the laptop will just boot to Windows 7. I tried to use this BCDedit to add Linux entry to the boot menu, BUT each time i pick the redhat selection,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
5 Replies
PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)

NAME
PDF::API2::Annotation - annotation management METHODS
$ant = PDF::API2::Annotation->new Returns a annotation object (called from $page->annotation). $ant->link $page, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-page with page $page and options %opts (-rect, -border or 'dest-options'). $ant->url $url, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-url with url $url and options %opts (-rect and/or -border). $ant->file $file, %opts Defines the annotation as launch-file with filepath $file and options %opts (-rect and/or -border). $ant->pdfile $pdfile, $pagenum, %opts Defines the annotation as pdf-file with filepath $pdfile, $pagenum and options %opts (same as dest). $ant->text $text, %opts Defines the annotation as textnote with content $text and options %opts (-rect and/or -open). $ant->movie $file, $contentype, %opts Defines the annotation as a movie from $file with $contentype and options %opts (-rect). $ant->rect $llx, $lly, $urx, $ury Sets the rectangle of the annotation. $ant->border @b Sets the border-styles of the annotation, if applicable. $ant->content @lines Sets the text-content of the annotation, if applicable. $ant->open $bool Display the annotation either open or closed, if applicable. $ant->dest( $page, -fit => 1 ) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit the entire page within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the page within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fith => $top ) Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire width of the page within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitv => $left ) Display the page designated by page, with the horizontal coordinate left positioned at the left edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire height of the page within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitr => [ $left, $bottom, $right, $top ] ) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit the rectangle specified by the coordinates left, bottom, right, and top entirely within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the rectangle within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fitb => 1 ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with its contents magnified just enough to fit its bounding box entirely within the window both horizontally and vertically. If the required horizontal and vertical magnification factors are different, use the smaller of the two, centering the bounding box within the window in the other dimension. $ant->dest( $page, -fitbh => $top ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with the vertical coordinate top positioned at the top edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire width of its bounding box within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -fitbv => $left ) (PDF 1.1) Display the page designated by page, with the horizontal coordinate left positioned at the left edge of the window and the contents of the page magnified just enough to fit the entire height of its bounding box within the window. $ant->dest( $page, -xyz => [ $left, $top, $zoom ] ) Display the page designated by page, with the coordinates (left, top) positioned at the top-left corner of the window and the contents of the page magnified by the factor zoom. A zero(0) value for any of the parameters left, top, or zoom specifies that the current value of that parameter is to be retained unchanged. $ant->dest( $name ) (PDF 1.2) Connect the Annotation to a "Named Destination" defined elswere. AUTHOR
Alfred Reibenschuh perl v5.14.2 2014-03-09 PDF::API2::Annotation(3pm)