Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about Sun 9 HCL
Operating Systems Solaris about Sun 9 HCL Post 50880 by qmemo on Tuesday 4th of May 2004 04:10:58 PM
Old 05-04-2004

Well I guess your Right, But my worries is about my Mother Board Cause I didn't saw it's name there in the HCL but I 'll give it a try
thx for replying me

qmemo

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies
guess-helper(8) 						   NVRAM WakeUp 						   guess-helper(8)

NAME
guess-helper - Tries to guess the configuration by comparing four dumps of the NVRAM. SYNOPSIS
guess-helper DESCRIPTION
guess-helper is a helper program from the package nvram-wakeup. It will guide you through the procedure of creating the files needed for the program guess and eventually will run guess at the end. The output will be a configuration file which might even work ;-) Don't change any other BIOS settings you are not told to change until the procedure is finished. See README.mb for more details. SEE ALSO
nvram-wakeup(8), guess(8), README.mb HOMEPAGE
http://sf.net/projects/nvram-wakeup/ AUTHOR
Written by Sergei Haller <Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de>. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs at the bug tracking system (see HOMEPAGE) or on the mailing list nvram-wakeup-devel@lists.sourceforge.net COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 Sergei Haller. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA Linux Jul 07 2004 guess-helper(8)