Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about Sun 9 HCL
Operating Systems Solaris about Sun 9 HCL Post 50861 by rhfrommn on Tuesday 4th of May 2004 10:48:47 AM
Old 05-04-2004
Yes, if your hardware is not on the HCL Sun doesn't officially support it or guarantee that it will work. However, Solaris x86 is pretty robust and just because it isn't listed doesn't mean you won't be able to get it to work. Best thing to do is give it a try.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How accurate is the HCL for Solaris 10?

I have a Sun Ultra 5 that is running Solaris 8. I believe I meet the minimum requirements for Solaris 10 but the Ultra 5 is not on the HCL. This will be my first ever Solaris upgrade so do I follow the HCL guidelines? TiA (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: PapaPark
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies
DEVICE_SCHEDULE_CALL(9) 				   Device drivers infrastructure				   DEVICE_SCHEDULE_CALL(9)

NAME
device_schedule_callback_owner - helper to schedule a callback for a device SYNOPSIS
int device_schedule_callback_owner(struct device * dev, void (*func) (struct device *), struct module * owner); ARGUMENTS
dev device. func callback function to invoke later. owner module owning the callback routine DESCRIPTION
Attribute methods must not unregister themselves or their parent device (which would amount to the same thing). Attempts to do so will deadlock, since unregistration is mutually exclusive with driver callbacks. Instead methods can call this routine, which will attempt to allocate and schedule a workqueue request to call back func with dev as its argument in the workqueue's process context. dev will be pinned until func returns. This routine is usually called via the inline device_schedule_callback, which automatically sets owner to THIS_MODULE. Returns 0 if the request was submitted, -ENOMEM if storage could not be allocated, -ENODEV if a reference to owner isn't available. NOTE
This routine won't work if CONFIG_SYSFS isn't set! It uses an underlying sysfs routine (since it is intended for use by attribute methods), and if sysfs isn't available you'll get nothing but -ENOSYS. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 DEVICE_SCHEDULE_CALL(9)