Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting please help (closed homework thread) Post 50796 by Perderabo on Sunday 2nd of May 2004 09:06:05 PM
Old 05-02-2004
Don't open another thread. Neo has already explained the rules to you.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

my thread got closed

I had a thread open and now it says it's closed. I had a question still on the forum and about 15mins after I posted my most recent question on it the thread said "closed". Why did this happen? I didn't violate any forum rules. Is there a limit on how many postings you can have in a single thread?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Thread closed when learner has tried

I'm not so sure that this thread should have been closed. Though it was clearly homework the student was asking a specific question related to the assignment, but not the answer to the whole assignment. /www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/107494-how-get-rid.html . IMHO The solution is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: methyl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

3 homework questions (thread closed)

1st) how can i print only directories? 2nd) how can i print files that someone used in the last X days (for example, 5). thanks very much, i need it for homework and teacher teachs us nothing:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SupErioR
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Interview questions [thread closed]

Hi all, i have found a set questions from the net, i thought it will be great to ask and share with you gurus. I have the questions and some answers (correct me, if i am wrong) for these set of questions. 1. What file do you modify to change the mail aliases (Provide the full path) ? Ans:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingston
1 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							   Games Manual 							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz - test your knowledge SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/quiz [ -i file ] [ -t ] [ category1 category2 ] DESCRIPTION
Quiz gives associative knowledge tests on various subjects. It asks items chosen from category1 and expects answers from category2. If no categories are specified, quiz gives instructions and lists the available categories. Quiz tells a correct answer whenever you type a bare newline. At the end of input, upon interrupt, or when questions run out, quiz reports a score and terminates. The -t flag specifies `tutorial' mode, where missed questions are repeated later, and material is gradually introduced as you learn. The -i flag causes the named file to be substituted for the default index file. The lines of these files have the syntax: line = category newline | category `:' line category = alternate | category `|' alternate alternate = empty | alternate primary primary = character | `[' category `]' | option option = `{' category `}' The first category on each line of an index file names an information file. The remaining categories specify the order and contents of the data in each line of the information file. Information files have the same syntax. Backslash `' is used as with sh(1) to quote syntacti- cally significant characters or to insert transparent newlines into a line. When either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/games/quiz.k/* BUGS
The construct `a|ab' doesn't work in an information file. Use `a{b}'. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 QUIZ(6)