Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loggin mail transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loggin mail transfer Post 5076 by Neo on Tuesday 7th of August 2001 12:32:09 PM
Old 08-07-2001
syslog.conf example

This syslog.conf file logs sendmail transactions just fine for us:

Quote:
# /etc/syslog.conf
# For info about the format of this file, see "man syslog.conf" (the BSD man
# page), and /usr/doc/sysklogd/README.linux.
#

*.=info;*.=notice /usr/adm/messages
*.=debug /usr/adm/debug

# We don't log messages of level 'warn'. Why? Because if you're running
# a news site (with INN), each and every article processed generates a
# warning and a disk access. This slows news processing to a crawl.
# If you want to log warnings, you'll need to uncomment this line:
#*.warn /usr/adm/syslog
*.err /usr/adm/syslog

#
# This might work instead to log on a remote host:
# * @hostname
~

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

mail transfer

Hi all! How do I transfer mail already stored in /var/spool/mail/xxx to another host ? (without using ftp, rcp or any other kind of copy/archiving utility :) I'm using linux/sendmail Any idea would be greatly appreciated!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Restricting Multiple loggin sessions

Any idea as to how multiple loggin sessions by the same user (using Hyper terminal/Telnet) be restricted in Sun Solaris 8. Rgds Naushi (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naushi
10 Replies

3. AIX

loggin incoming ftp connections in syslog

Hello, we recently configured syslog on one of our machines with the following line in /etc/syslog.conf *.info /audit/syslog.log rotate time 1d compress However it does not seem to be logging incoming ftp connections, only outgoing ftp connections? Is there a way to log incoming ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

NIS - Client Not loggin in

Friends n Gurus I am creating an NIS farm(Solaris only) in my office. I have successfully configured the NIS master and slave servers and a few NIS clients. However i am not able to log into a few of my NIS clients. The commands "ypcat passwd" is displaying the NIS user. However when i try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loggin remote computer as a super user.

hello all, can i loggin remote computer as a super user(i know root user/passwd) and change his access controlle list. if yes please tell me how to do it, i am new to linux. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

loggin in using different user from with in the shell script

Hi, I want to login using different login credentials from with in the shell script. I need to do this so that I can run a second script which can be run using only by that user. eg. #!/bin/bash #login using new user username: password: sh script.bash #logout above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Loggin SFTP activity for chrooted (rssh) users

Hi, I need to log the activity of my SFTP (RHEL 5.4). I have this in /etc/sshd/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -f LOCAL5 -l VERBOSE And this in /etc/syslog.conf: LOCAL5.* /var/log/sftp.log When I log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to drop single mail transfer for different conditions.

. /apps01/wls01/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/soadomain/bin/setDomainEnv.sh > /dev/null cd /apps01/wls01/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/bin java weblogic.WLST ServerStatus.py > a.log TEST=`cat a.log | grep WARN | wc -l` if ; then `grep "WARN" a.log > 1.txt` mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
1 Replies
binlog.conf(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						    binlog.conf(4)

NAME
binlog.conf - binlogd configuration file SYNOPSIS
event_code.priority destination Where: Are the numeric codes specified in binlog.h and the binlogd(8) reference page. An aster- isk (*) specifies that all events should be selected. The code dumpfile Specifies the recovery of the kernel binary event log buffer from a crash dump. A severity level cannot be specified. Filters selected events as severe, high, and low. An asterisk (*) specifies that all events should be selected. A local file pathname to a log file, or a remote system hostname for remote logging of events. DESCRIPTION
The /etc/binlog.conf file is a system file that enables you to configure or filter events that are to be logged by the binary error logger, binlogd. The binlogd daemon ignores blank lines and lines that begin with an octothorpe (#). You can specify # as the first character in a line to include comments in the file or to disable an entry. If you want the binlogd daemon to use a configuration file other than the default, specify the file name with the following command: # bin- logd -f config_file Note that EVM subscribes to binlog events by default, and any configuration options you select will affect what events are available to EVM. You can filter and select binlog events using EVM utilities, as described in the EVM(5) reference page. EXAMPLES
The following is a sample /etc/binlog.conf file: # # binlogd configuration file # #format of a line: event_code.priority destination # # where: event_code - see codes in binlog.h and man page, # * = all events # priority - severe, high, low, * = all priorities # destination - local file pathname or remote system # hostname *.* /usr/adm/binary.errlog dumpfile /usr/adm/crash/binlogdumpfile crdlog /usr/adm/binary.crdlog 102.high /usr/adm/disk.errlog FILES
/etc/binlog.conf /etc/binlog.auth - Authorization file for remote logging. /usr/sys/include/dec/binlog/binlog.h - Common components of a binary event log record. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: /usr/sbin/binlogd(8), EVM(5) System Administration delim off binlog.conf(4)