Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Size of Disk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Size of Disk Post 50716 by sssow on Friday 30th of April 2004 01:28:47 AM
Old 04-30-2004
If you ever want to get the size of hard disk on solaris try this

iostat -En

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk size

What is the easy way to see what size mydisk (total disk size) is ? similar to properties in windows ? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

disk size help

Please could someone advise what disk size this would be ? Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s2 282315967 65553 279427255 1% is it 280 meg ? regards venhart (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

3. AIX

How to increase Virtual Disk size

Hello, I am working AIX VIO server and extended Virtual Disk of one of the Partition with 10GB. After starting partition, i am not able to see increased size of disk. Can you please help me what I need to do to increase the size of virtual disk from partition? Thanks Kishor ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorbhede
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris cmd - size of disk

Hi, What is the command to find the complete size of the hard disk on Solaris 10. ~vino (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Different disk size on different controllers

Hi folks, I just recently build myself a NAS with Oracle Solaris 11 Express. MOBO: Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 nForce 630a AM3 PCI-e Controller: 2x Exsys EX-3503 with Sil3132 Chipset (latest FW) HDD: 7x 2000GB Samsung EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 32MB 3.5" (latest FW) OS: SunOS zaruba 5.11 snv_151a i86pc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garter
4 Replies

6. SCO

Help with disk size in sco unix

when i try to find the disk size in a sco unix machine i am not quite sure about the commands df and df -k is there any other command to see what hardware raid it is built in and the total disk size any command similar to fdisk (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Help Me! Get size on each directory on each disk

Hi, I want to know how to get size of each directory and each sub-directory on each disk, assume i have 20 disk. Could you help me to find out the solution, please? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Physical disk IO size smaller than fragment block filesystem size ?

Hello, in one default UFS filesystem we have 8K block size (bsize) and 1K fragmentsize (fsize). At this scenary I thought all "FileSytem IO" will be 8K (or greater) but never smaller than the fragment size (1K). If a UFS fragment/blocksize is allwasy several ADJACENTS sectors on disk (in a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rarino2
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kdump disk size

We have a Oracle linux 6.4 servers and memory is around 256GB, we are planing to configure kdump and I am confused about disk size I should set. I need your suggestion what would be the best size I should define for kdump. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question on disk size and usage

Hello All, this may be a simple question but I wasn't sure how to word it to search for the answer. Have a look at the following: /dev/mapper/vgdata-lvdata 626G 594G 0 100% /data01 As you can see the disk size 626GB of which 594G is used. There's 32GB difference there but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)