Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loggin mail transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Loggin mail transfer Post 5065 by Ben on Tuesday 7th of August 2001 11:31:21 AM
Old 08-07-2001
Sorry, I forgot to mention my MTA is sendmail.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

mail transfer

Hi all! How do I transfer mail already stored in /var/spool/mail/xxx to another host ? (without using ftp, rcp or any other kind of copy/archiving utility :) I'm using linux/sendmail Any idea would be greatly appreciated!!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Restricting Multiple loggin sessions

Any idea as to how multiple loggin sessions by the same user (using Hyper terminal/Telnet) be restricted in Sun Solaris 8. Rgds Naushi (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naushi
10 Replies

3. AIX

loggin incoming ftp connections in syslog

Hello, we recently configured syslog on one of our machines with the following line in /etc/syslog.conf *.info /audit/syslog.log rotate time 1d compress However it does not seem to be logging incoming ftp connections, only outgoing ftp connections? Is there a way to log incoming ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
2 Replies

4. Solaris

NIS - Client Not loggin in

Friends n Gurus I am creating an NIS farm(Solaris only) in my office. I have successfully configured the NIS master and slave servers and a few NIS clients. However i am not able to log into a few of my NIS clients. The commands "ypcat passwd" is displaying the NIS user. However when i try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

loggin remote computer as a super user.

hello all, can i loggin remote computer as a super user(i know root user/passwd) and change his access controlle list. if yes please tell me how to do it, i am new to linux. thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

loggin in using different user from with in the shell script

Hi, I want to login using different login credentials from with in the shell script. I need to do this so that I can run a second script which can be run using only by that user. eg. #!/bin/bash #login using new user username: password: sh script.bash #logout above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishirkotkar
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Loggin SFTP activity for chrooted (rssh) users

Hi, I need to log the activity of my SFTP (RHEL 5.4). I have this in /etc/sshd/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -f LOCAL5 -l VERBOSE And this in /etc/syslog.conf: LOCAL5.* /var/log/sftp.log When I log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minimal Mail Server Setup for Local Mail Transfer

I am trying to get stored mail out of an old mail client. I figured that the easiest way to do it is with IMAP by logging in with both clients. I can copy the mail to the server from the old mail client, and back down into the new mail client. Rather than using a real mail account on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixie
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to drop single mail transfer for different conditions.

. /apps01/wls01/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/soadomain/bin/setDomainEnv.sh > /dev/null cd /apps01/wls01/Oracle/Middleware/wlserver_10.3/common/bin java weblogic.WLST ServerStatus.py > a.log TEST=`cat a.log | grep WARN | wc -l` if ; then `grep "WARN" a.log > 1.txt` mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
1 Replies
warn.conf(4)							   File Formats 						      warn.conf(4)

NAME
warn.conf - Kerberos warning configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/krb5/warn.conf DESCRIPTION
The warn.conf file contains configuration information specifying how users will be warned by the ktkt_warnd daemon about ticket expiration on a Kerberos client. Credential expiration warnings are sent, by means of syslog, to auth.notice. All other warning messages are sent to daemon.notice. Each Kerberos client host must have a warn.conf file in order for users on that host to get Kerberos warnings from the client. Entries in the warn.conf file must have the following format: principal syslog | terminal | mail time [email_address] principal Specifies the principal name to be warned. The asterisk (*) wildcard can be used to specify groups of principals. syslog Sends the warnings to the system's syslog. Depending on the /etc/syslog.conf file, syslog entries are written to the /var/adm/messages file and/or displayed on the terminal. terminal Sends the warnings to display on the terminal. mail Sends the warnings as email to the address specified by email_address. time Specifies how much time before the TGT expires when a warning should be sent. The default time value is seconds, but you can specify h (hours) and m (minutes) after the number to specify other time values. email_address Specifies the email address at which to send the warnings. This field must be specified only with the mail field. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Specifying warnings The following warn.conf entry * syslog 5m specifies that warnings will be sent to the syslog five minutes before the expiration of the TGT for all principals. The form of the mes- sage is: jdb@ACME.COM: your kerberos credentials expire in 5 minutes FILES
/usr/lib/krb5/ktkt_warnd Kerberos warning daemon SEE ALSO
ktkt_warnd(1M), syslog.conf(4), SEAM(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Apr 2003 warn.conf(4)