Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet from Solaris to Solaris and telnet from PC to Solaris Post 5046 by jennifer on Tuesday 7th of August 2001 08:34:54 AM
Old 08-07-2001
Computer telnet from Solaris to Solaris and telnet from PC to Solaris

I have got a problem here. I reload Solaris 2.6 OS into my SunUltra1 and 2 machine, and update the latest patches downloaded from http://www.sunsolve.sun.com.

Sun Machine
----------------
Everything is fine, the system is on my network and user can log in and start with their application remotely from my NFS.

But when I want to telnet to another machine using the terminal window, I have this message

Code:
jennifer_istanbul11>telnet istanbul12
passwd: (my passwd)
Not on system console
jennifer_istanbul11

All my new loaded machine with hostname istanbul?? have theis problem, wherelse my NFS (fsisun-2) has no problem.

PC Machine (1)
-------------------
Code:
Start > Accessories > telnet  
Connect > xxx.xx.xxx.xx 
SunOS 5.6
Login : (xxxx)
password : (xxxx)
Not on system console

PC Machine (2)
-------------------
From MS-Dos Prompt

Code:
C:\>telnet xxx.xx.xxx.xx

The telnet windows appears

Code:
SunOS 5.6
Login : (xxxx)
password : (xxxx)
Not on system console

Can anyone advise me what should do?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet into Solaris 8

How can I set my Solaris 8 machine to allow a telnet session from an IP address that is outside the network that the machine sits on? I can ping the address of the Soalris 8 box from the outside, but I cannot telnet into it, it doesn't allow the connection. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ask Me
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet Problem with Solaris (SunOS 5.7)

Hi, I have been facing a telnet problem with our SunOS 5.7 box. Initially we were facing porblems in login both from the console as well as through telnet. The machine was hard-booted after which login from console is possible, but telnet connection is not. The error that is displayed is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj_gopal
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet into Solaris 8 box

I am new to Unix. What file do I need to edit so that I can telnet to Solaris 8. I recieve this message everytime I try to telnet. It allows me to LOGIN but kicks me out with this same message. SunOS 5.8 login: root Password: Not on system console (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie05
2 Replies

4. Solaris

disable telnet on Solaris

All - would you please some one help me to disable telnet on Solaris? /etc/inetd.conf Thanks :confused: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: March_2007
11 Replies

5. Solaris

HP-UX telnet to Solaris

Hi, i have a strange problem. i have a HP-UX which is used to telnet to two solaris machine via port 11000. On the solaris machines, there's an application that sends a series of ascii character separated by LF over to the the HP-UX. The problem is that when the HP-UX connects to solaris A,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xenomage
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to allow Solaris OS user to telnet to specific IP?

Dear All, I need help on allow/disallow OS user to telnet to specific IP address from client side? I have one Solaris 10 machine, I will permit OS user to telnet to specific IP address. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mamun_bu
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Telnet solaris error

Hi all, I want to telnet/ssh my solaris 10 which was installed in VMware and my host OS is windows 7. I have set the ip address properly in /etc/hosts, /etc/netmasks, /etc/defaultrouter. But when i try to connect it through putty ti shows network connection error. any help is appreciated ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kathirvel G
11 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to install telnet on Solaris 11

Hi Solaris 11 Guru, I am not able to install telent on Solaris 11 with the following error as root: uname -a SunOS servername 5.11 11.2 i86pc i386 i86pc pkg install /service/network/telnet pkg: 0/1 catalogs successfully updated: Unable to contact valid package repository Encountered... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjackson123
3 Replies
fence_rsb(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      fence_rsb(8)

NAME
fence_rsb - I/O Fencing agent for Fujitsu-Siemens RSB SYNOPSIS
fence_rsb [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
fence_rsb is an I/O Fencing agent which can be used with the Fujitsu-Siemens RSB management interface. It logs into an RSB device via tel- net and reboots the associated machine. Lengthy telnet connections to the RSB device should be avoided while a GFS cluster is running because the connection will block any necessary fencing actions. fence_rsb accepts options on the command line as well as from stdin. Fenced sends parameters through stdin when it execs the agent. fence_rsb can be run by itself with command line options. This is useful for testing. Vendor URL: http://www.fujitsu.com OPTIONS
-a IPaddress IP address or hostname of the RSB device. -h Print out a help message describing available options, then exit. -l login Login name. -n telnet_port The port number on which the telnet service listens. -o action The action required. This can be reboot (default), off, on, or status. -p password Password for login. -S path Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. -v Verbose. Print informational messages to standard out. -V Print out a version message, then exit. STDIN PARAMETERS
agent = < param > This option is used by fence_node(8) and is ignored by fence_rsb. ipaddr = < hostname | ip > IP address or hostname of the device. telnet_port = < port number > The port number on which the telnet service listens. login = < param > Login name. option = < param > The action required. This can be reboot (default), off, on, or status. passwd = < param > Password for login. passwd_script = < param > Full path to an executable to generate the password for login. SEE ALSO
fence(8), fence_node(8) fence_rsb(8)