Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language) Post 50290 by woofie on Tuesday 20th of April 2004 06:41:35 PM
Old 04-20-2004
I agree with what has been said so far.

Though I use to work with programmers of all sorts.

To be a good programmer it's a way of life not a 9-5 job. Don't do it just for a job, do it because you want to do it.

I've seen to many people working with UNIX because they think the money is good, yeah it is. You'll only get out what you put in.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does the programming language matters?

I see you guys encouraged people studied and used C while they were working on UNIX. Does C++ or JAVA matter? And in the past threads, Neo, PxT, and other members recommanded lots good books. I think those people who asked for the references, such as Dominic, had experiences on sys admin or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
8 Replies

2. Programming

c programming language

Can someone enligten me on what below program does? I understand getchar and putchar.. but what is this program suppose to do? I try to put printf on it, but it shows nothing.. can someone explain to me what this program is suppose to do? It is reading something and assigning to c? so, if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: convenientstore
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is PERL a programming language?

I need a small and simple clarification... Can someone tell me whether PERL is a programming language or not. Also, can shell scripts also considered as programming language or not. Also, please tell me the exact difference between programming language and scripting. Please help.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
3 Replies

4. Programming

What Programming language should I start learning first?

I want to create a computer program that will translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. So someone could type in a word, phrase, or paragraph and translate from one language to another. What programming language would I use to write up the code and then implement this program? I want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

6. Programming

Whats the most in-demand programming language UNIX

I am interested in learning Programming Language to complement my UNIX. What language should I concentrate on to enhance my UNIX. What companies are seeking with UNIX. What languages are used with UNIX as for as there application. Are there any one here from DC (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zbest1966
6 Replies
faxrm(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  faxrm(1)

NAME
faxrm - remove fax jobs queued by faxspool(1) SYNOPSIS
faxrm [-i] [job-ids...] DESCRIPTION
Remove job(s) from the fax queue set up by faxspool(1). faxrm removes queued fax jobs. Call with a list of job-IDs to remove specific jobs. Call with no job IDs to be asked interactively about all jobs you own (if run by root, all jobs). For job-id, use the strings returned by faxq(1) (e.g. F000015), without the ``/JOB'' exten- tion. If you are not the owner of the fax job (as per the 'user xyz' statement inside the JOB file), you are not allowed to remove the fax job. Only root is permitted to remove another user's faxes. If the job is locked (most likely because sendfax(8) is active sending it), faxrm doesn't attempt to remove it. Instead, it prints a warn- ing message on stderr and goes on to the next job. EXAMPLES
faxrm F000005 F000033 OPTIONS
-i (interactive mode) Tells faxrm to ask for confirmation before removing the job (UNIMPLEMENTED). BUGS
faxrm doesn't return diagnostic exit codes yet. SEE ALSO
faxrunq(1), faxrunq(8), faxspool(1), faxq(1), faxqueue(5) AUTHOR
faxrm is Copyright (C) 1993-2002 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de>. greenie 23 Nov 02 faxrm(1)